Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loctite suoer glue gel

Dear Singapore forumer,
    I have been running around today high & low sourcing for loctite suoer glue gel. Anyone know which hardware store carry them?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ct

order from eBay - 6 small tubes for under £2 delivered

Comment

If you can find a supplier, see if they have the Super Gel Positionable version, which gives you a few seconds to move the tip around before it bonds tight.
      all the best
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Home & bargain, or it might be home bargain, were selling it for 99p a tube, great value!!!

Comment

Many dealers don't carry loctite super glue gel here, will look for 3M tomorrow instead..

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Super-G.../dp/B0006HVJ0M

Comment

They do.. you just need to know where to get it.. not your neighbourhood hardware shop

Comment

Super glue gel is quick , but after a few games,
              the tip is not bond to brass ferrule , take a good look
              and see you will find a gap around the tip .
              I use the brand call " selleys " the model is SHOCK ,
              It glue very well and a bit thinner than gel,
              It's shock resistant and more time for tip adjustment .

Comment

If theres a gap it's either because you haven't used enough glue or haven't prepared the ferrule properly.
                The thinner glues such as you suggest absorb into the tip and the wood and will create a much stronger bond, but it hardens the tip, also very messy.
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

correct mr culraven and which bit of 6 tubes delivered for less than £2 isn't value?

Comment

I used superglue for yrs but got fed up with the tips just pinging off half way through a match !!! Since then I have used contact adhesive thin layer on tip and same on cue end 5 mins and place tip into position next day trim and shape , it wont come off until you are ready to replace , plus I have even started to laminate old tips onto thin slices of new tips with great results .

Comment

Or try Vitalbond CA on ebay, thick superglue its expensive but a proper product ...

Comment

thats what i use

Comment

Any reason you don't use loctite Jim?
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

no paul use this stuff cos its gd got about 45-50 seconds to move tip around + its also gd for filling little cracks or splices lifting

Comment

Originally Posted by tomeestrings View Post
                              Or try Vitalbond CA on ebay, thick superglue its expensive but a proper product ...
                              Just out of curiosity, which bond time version did you buy ? Thinks they come in 4 secs, 10 secs and 45 secs, you have to be careful with some glues as it dries out the end of the wood thats why they recommend a gel if your going to use superglue as you probably already know.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X