Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talisman Issues

Hi

I have just had my cue retipped with a talisman medium. However, like my previous talisman medium fitting, it has come loose off my ferrule. See photos...

image.jpg

Does this often occur with talismans as this has happened to two in two weeks, this one has lasted a whole day. I have never had such problems with Wooldridge or Phoenix tips, though I am not sure if it is poor tipping skills or it is something to do with the tip type itself.

Its more likely a tipping issue. If both surfaces are flat and clean and a good glue is used it shouldnt come off. Locktite super Gel is a good choice.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
      Its more likely a tipping issue. If both surfaces are flat and clean and a good glue is used it shouldnt come off. Locktite super Gel is a good choice.
      all correct
      to me it looks like not enough glue was used
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You need to learn how to tip...
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

as ppl have said just looks like not enough glue, cut it off sand the base flat and pop it back on with a super glue gel, just be careful as it will need to be precise as tip will have already been cut down to the size of the ferrule...

Comment

Ok thanks for the help. I guess i should do my own tips rather than at a cue shop

Comment

at a cue shop! oh my, I did not pick up on that
              I would take it straight back get them to redo the tip, even supply a new one, or get a refund and a replacement tip and give it go yourself.
              If you have never done it before (we have all been there ) if you have an old cue lying around, buy a few cheap tips and have a practise
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                at a cue shop! oh my, I did not pick up on that
                I would take it straight back get them to redo the tip, even supply a new one, or get a refund and a replacement tip and give it go yourself.
                If you have never done it before (we have all been there ) if you have an old cue lying around, buy a few cheap tips and have a practise

Yes i agree take your time and you can't go wrong changing your own.

Maybe we could play a game of hang man to guess this cue shop? if you get the ball rolling Jono...

Comment

It's a shop in Hong Kong, as I live there called wai mxxx. One of Robert osbornes suppliers to the easy. Worst thing is, I wasn't even going in for a talisman. I wanted a Phoenix m but the other shop I went to which stocked osborne also and is the Dave coutts supplier to china and Hong Kong had no idea what it was... Just bought a deroo tip. The only brand available in the place I went to today. Will get it on tonight.

Thus... Can someone supply my a pick and mix of tips including Phoenix, pro granite, moori, etc of 5 tips. And post to hong kong? Too many fakes going around. Please pm me price and Paypal details if possible. Thanks
                  Last edited by jono*; 16 April 2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                    It's a shop in Hong Kong, as I live there called wai mxxx. One of Robert osbornes suppliers to the easy. Worst thing is, I wasn't even going in for a talisman. I wanted a Phoenix m but the other shop I went to which stocked osborne also and is the Dave coutts supplier to china and Hong Kong had no idea what it was...

Thus... Can someone supply my a pick and mix of tips including Phoenix, pro granite, moori, etc of 5 tips. And post to hong long? Too many fakes going around. Please pm me price and Paypal details if possible. Thanks
                    Start a thread in the cue or accessories section I'm sure someone will be able to help better there...

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
                      It's a shop in Hong Kong, as I live there called wai mxxx. One of Robert osbornes suppliers to the easy. Worst thing is, I wasn't even going in for a talisman. I wanted a Phoenix m but the other shop I went to which stocked osborne also and is the Dave coutts supplier to china and Hong Kong had no idea what it was... Just bought a deroo tip. The only brand available in the place I went to today. Will get it on tonight.

Thus... Can someone supply my a pick and mix of tips including Phoenix, pro granite, moori, etc of 5 tips. And post to hong kong? Too many fakes going around. Please pm me price and Paypal details if possible. Thanks
                      Just came back from HK.
                      Dont go wai mxxx. It gave me a very bad impression there.

Go to snooker147.net
                      Far better stuff.

at Wan chai

Comment

Well... Only my third retip... How did it go? I seem to see a small gap, but at least it's not lifting... I will try later see how it goes but I think I could have done it better, I forgot to sand the tip base just after adding glue to the cue. Then had to wipe off the glue from the cue, sand it lightly, then stick. Is it acceptable??image.jpg

Comment

If there is a small gap then it will come loose , you have to make sure it sticks around every edge of the ferrule . Use some masking tape on the ferrule and if theres any glue on it after you take it off use some thin paper like memo note and scrape away the glue upwards .

Comment

that gap might give you problem in due time.

Comment

hmm...il give it some time on the table...if it does come loose, i will have a blue diamond on standby.

Comment

Working...
                              X