Ball cleaning products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball cleaning products?

Anyone got any recommendations for getting chalk stains off balls? I have aramith ball cleaner, but besides making the ball look shiny it does bugger all for actually removing marks off the ball. Heard of people using magic erasers, any first hand experience as to their effectiveness?

I saw this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KDnLNPW1g0

I used the micro mesh sheets for refinishing cues. Worked great.
    Recently i purchased the polishing liquid to cleaning snooker balls.
    Have not tried it yet...will give some feedback here after.
    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

try Aramith Ball Restorer, its for the tougher marks/chalk on the balls

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
        Be prepared for a work out though, to do the job properly on a set of billiard balls took me over half an hour...
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
          Gone Very Pricey now thou if you buy single approx £10 with Postage or as twin pack with cleaner £17-£18 with Postage! Not worth it to do Aramith Pool Balls as you can Purchase these for approx £16-£20 Trade! But Aramith Snooker Balls Obviously alot more.

There must be another Product which is great for this without paying these Silly Prices?

I have done a Set of my Aramith Pool Balls with SAFECUT...Similar to T-Cut but doesnt take a layer off like T-Cut. They did Come up nice and shiney but hard to remove those stubborn chalk staines off the White. I would like to know if any of you have tried anything else that Takes those Stubborn Staines Off Cueball?

Comment

I have seen a few people use sugar soap I think that's what it was anyway
            Glasgow pool league 2nd division winners 2012
            Rosebowl cup winners 2012
            Glasgow league cup runners up 2012
            Uddingston league runners up 2012
            Alastair tetsil memorial cup winners 2012

Comment

I have no idea if this would work, or even be any good for the ball, but Acetone (Nail polish remover) may well work. I use it to clean-off dye stains from the leather stuff I make, so might well work. I'd definitely try it on a manky old, unwanted ball first, though!

Comment

I've just acquired a set of super crystalites. And i used fairy oven cleaner to get rid of the chalk marks, and some good old elbow grease with pure silicon oil after

Comment

Working...
                X