Tip press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    Just thought i,d update as i,ve used the press a good few times , it does a really good job on laminated and pressed tips , the layers on the phoenix tips are deffinitely more compact , i also done a dave coutts tip with good results . The quality is very good so it was well wprth the money .

Sorry Jay missed your post , yes muck one part is domed or they sell the ones for flat tips
    Did you have to say which one you want, either domed or flat, or did they just send the domed?, it's the domed one I would want.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I have Flat Tip Press for sale, anyone interested pm me.
      If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Did you have to say which one you want, either domed or flat, or did they just send the domed?, it's the domed one I would want.
        Their separate listings i think

Comment

Did you buy the one from the eBay link on this thread?

Comment

Well to be honest i bought one of these last week and it arrive five days later , the quality seems good and i,ve pressed a few phoenix tips in it and the layers seem to be muck tighter , put one on my cue but not played with it yet but fiirst impression , money well spent .
            Well, I asked you last time about that. I bought it for my brother. (He uses elk).
            It works perfectly. Many thanks for your advice.

Comment

D.i.y. ~~~~~ [ATTACH=CONFIG]16301[/ATTACH]
              Last edited by kadobau; 9 May 2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

as good as owt .

Comment

Would be pain tightening them up tiny bit at a time mind and may never be spot on with gripping two sides at a time! Ordinary vice ok masking tape the tips and slowly tighten.

I have bought one of these below as it was Rude not to at £9 Inc:Postage!! .........Will let you all know what its like when it arrives if it Ever Arrives!!...ha ha ha

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3905697368...84.m1497.l2649

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                  D.i.y. ~~~~~ [ATTACH=CONFIG]16301[/ATTACH]

Comment

I did elks in a vice and it worked well, in fact very well, but I just liked the ides of these presses keeping the nice dome shape or even creating one on the tip.
                    Well I took the plunge and ordered one.
                    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 9 May 2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Well to be honest i bought one of these last week and it arrive five days later , the quality seems good and i,ve pressed a few phoenix tips in it and the layers seem to be muck tighter , put one on my cue but not played with it yet but fiirst impression , money well spent .
                      I'm a bit late entering this thread.. I'm just curious to know if a compressed tip plays ( from the get go ) similar to a non compressed tip that's been 'played in'. Have you had a knock yet with the compressed tip hotpot?

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        tip press is great when you need something to take your anger out on!
                        LOL, aye.

Comment

yeah me too, ive just washed and clamped a whole box of elks and they come out real nice

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            yeah me too, ive just washed and clamped a whole box of elks and they come out real nice
                            washed?
                            not heard of anyone washing tips before as usually I would keep water away from the leather
                            can you explain this please
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
                              I'm a bit late entering this thread.. I'm just curious to know if a compressed tip plays ( from the get go ) similar to a non compressed tip that's been 'played in'. Have you had a knock yet with the compressed tip hotpot?
                              Yes i have a few of them muck , tried a phoenix , kamui , elk and coutts tip , happy with the results apart from one phoenix where i over tightened the press and the tip was too hard and took all the elasticity out of the tip .

Comment

How long do you leave them in there for? I've got an elk in one of the master cue pressers. is 6 hours enough to get a good one?

Comment

Working...
                                X