Tip gadgets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip gadgets.

Are they any gadgets out there for getting your tip really tight & flush with the ferrule?

Porper Mushroom Grazer
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Tip gadgets.

Cheers, where's the best place to get 1?

Comment

there are several places, even in the UK, all about the same price, the problem tends to be availablity.
        have a search on mushroom grazer as there is another thread/postings about this particularly, and a retailer posted that he had some in stock.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          there are several places, even in the UK, all about the same price, the problem tends to be availablity.
          have a search on mushroom grazer as there is another thread/postings about this particularly, and a retailer posted that he had some in stock.
          Here's one outlet, I am sure there will be others http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/theprosho...php?P=cat&C=24
          Last edited by Maxsys; 27 June 2013, 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

that's the guy

Comment

Thanks, think I might get 1, hopefully I won't do too much damage with it...............

Comment

If and when you manage to use it please advise members.

Comment

have a look at this previous thread for other's opinions
                  http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ghlight=porper

Comment

Scalpel's are a good option if you have a steady hand, then just a light filing is needed...
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Short of using a lathe, I find the best/easiest way to get it flush is by hand and a sharp blade, sort of pressing the blade against the tip and turning the cue to make it cut. For harder laminated tips, I can still cut it in in a similar way, just in smaller, separate bits.
                      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

The cheaper option http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snooker-an...item417414c2de

Comment

Originally Posted by Maxsys View Post
                          I got one of these free.... Absolute rubbish...

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
                            Maybe just put your best cue into a pencil sharpener . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by humperdingle View Post
                              Didn't say they were any good, just offering the OP all the alternatives

Comment

Working...
                              X