Kamui tip problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamui tip problem

I ordered a black kamui m/h tip over a week ago for just over £10 after reading a load of good reviews but none of my chalks are sticking to the tip properly.
    Has anyone had any problems like this?
    "Practice Makes Perfect"
    "He Who Endures Conquers"
    "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Yes, most chalks don't stick very well to them. The spruce coloured triangle sticks a little better, I use kamui chalk when I use their tips as it has a clay like texture which sticks very well, but is a little messy and expensive.

Comment

Originally Posted by WelshPhantom View Post
      I ordered a black kamui m/h tip over a week ago for just over £10 after reading a load of good reviews but none of my chalks are sticking to the tip properly.
      Has anyone had any problems like this?
      Have you tried spruce triangle on it? It may be a fake if you have, as the spruce works well with it...
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I got a Kamui (M) tip - Complete with hologram, etc, but i'm not overly impressed tbh... Green Triangle chalk seems to fall off easily (Haven't tried spruce, though), and I find it difficult to get a smooth dome on it.

Tempted to fit one of my home-made tips to the Parris

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
          Yes, most chalks don't stick very well to them. The spruce coloured triangle sticks a little better, I use kamui chalk when I use their tips as it has a clay like texture which sticks very well, but is a little messy and expensive.
          Tried the spruce same problem.I really don't want to spend over £20 for one cube of chalk.I was a bit skeptical about paying a tenner for a tip.
          "Practice Makes Perfect"

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
            Have you tried spruce triangle on it? It may be a fake if you have, as the spruce works well with it...
            I don't think its a fake I bought it off cuepower and ive bought various items off them in the past with no problems.
            "Practice Makes Perfect"

Comment

Thought I would try a Kamui just to see what they were like ! Purchased it from a well known dealer it had the hologram and I am pretty sure it was the real thing, however after six hours playing it flattened went out of shape and no amount of shaping would cure the problem, it sort of toppled side ways then disintegrated I ripped it off, and although I know some of the pros use them I will stick to my Mike Wooldridge. Elk. or Talisman. a expensive lesson ! maybe I was just unlucky !

Comment

I really like Kamui tips, never had any issues. Yes, chalk coverage is not as complete as with BD or Elk for example, but it does not result in any miscues.

Comment

Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
                  I really like Kamui tips, never had any issues. Yes, chalk coverage is not as complete as with BD or Elk for example, but it does not result in any miscues.
                  Used Kamui MH before, never had any issues as well.

Comment

I use their gator grip tool to roughen the tip which works very well.

Comment

Could you just use a pin and poke the tip +++ ????
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                        Thought I would try a Kamui just to see what they were like ! Purchased it from a well known dealer it had the hologram and I am pretty sure it was the real thing, however after six hours playing it flattened went out of shape and no amount of shaping would cure the problem, it sort of toppled side ways then disintegrated I ripped it off, and although I know some of the pros use them I will stick to my Mike Wooldridge. Elk. or Talisman. a expensive lesson ! maybe I was just unlucky !
                        You either had a fake , if so must have been a bad one or you have disturbed the fibres so much it fell apart .

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                          You either had a fake , if so must have been a bad one or you have disturbed the fibres so much it fell apart .
                          Dont think I did anything wrong I replace lots of tips for members of my club and as yet I have never had a complaint ! I have regular customers who always ask me to replace their tips to be honest I pride myself on the finished item and the cash I earn pays for some of my table time. put on a bog standard Elk and it played like a dream.

Comment

Hmm, I think I just hadn't used my Kamui tip enough... I haven't touched the tip for 3 or 4 hour's play and it seems to have settled-down nicely - Played fairly well with it today anyway.

Comment

I have been using the m/h for about a year now. Never had a problem of any kind. I also use the gator grip and find it is very useful when initially bedding the tip in. I wouldn't use a pin to poke the tip as you will break too many fibers. The gator grip just agitates the surface.

Comment

Working...
                              X