Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoenix soft or tally soft what is harder

Anyone know if the tally soft tip is harder than a phoenix soft

I have a soft phoenix on right now find it a wee bit to soft for me, Iam looking for something between soft and med phoenix tip if possible.

Thanks Chas

Tally soft is quite a bit firmer than Phoenix muck , try phoenix hard , nice and firm but does,nt feel like a marble on the end of the cue .

Comment

I've found the Talisman Soft equates to a Phoenix MH and I use both as my preferred tip on my MW blackspin ferrule. Right now I've had a Talisman S on for around 2 months and it's still performing well.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

okay thanks, I will try the tally soft

Comment

Terry

I downloaded kinovea you spoke about in another thread, its a great tool, just been trying it out today at home , should help me out.
          Just to say thanks for all your hardwork

Chas

Comment

chas:

It's weird as the Dartfish costs around 2500GBP and although it does have some nice bells and whistles I can get all I need from the new and free version of Kinovea.

I can analyse a cue action using the frame-by-frame feature and see absolutely everything that's going wrong. Then the problem becomes trying to figure out why the student is doing it.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry,I was half way through your reply and had exactly the same thought, using this video tool, how do you correct any mistakes, is it just, try something , film it, see if it works? It must be very hard to self correct, without ruining your game especially when you don't know what you are doing.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
              X