Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Aramith Tournament Champion Balls

Hi all.

I've been playing almost every day now for the past three months and working hard to improve my game.

Recently decided to start proper practice before my first league game in September. The table I play on will be my match table but it doesn't have a good set of balls, just the old club ones. The white is too small and light and there's little chips and marks on a few of the balls. The table itself is nice, with fairly new cloth and is looked after.

Because of the hours I'm putting in, and it is a non-profit club (£2 lets you play all night ), I've been thinking of donating a set of "Aramith Tournament Champion balls".

Two questions basically:
    1) Is this a good move (should it improve my game and make the table generally nicer to play/practice on)
    2) How hard wearing are the TC balls - Should I only put them out when I want to play? Or can I leave them on all the time. I'd like to give something back to the club but if they're likely to damage easily after lots of use it'd be a shame.

Cheers guys, sorry for the long post. I'm loving the game thus far!
    - The Mad Technician.

Cue: Master Cue Pro-Butt 4 - 18oz, 9.5mm
    Current Highest Break: 52 (working on it )

Question about Aramith Tournament Champion Balls

If that were me personally I'd buy a set of tournament champion but only take them in when you practice, its too risky to let other people play with them as they could be using iffy ferrules that may damage the balls, the type where they have filed the tip too much so the edge of the ferrule is showing. You also get some members whacking the balls too hard so they end up flying off the table and possibly damaging them, then you get the masse shot brigade that have seen it on tv so they try it themselves lol
    sigpic

Comment

+ you'll use only white as a cue ball (not pink, yellow, etc.)

So, buy one for yourself, for which you'll look after!

Comment

I agree with the other posters ,the balls in our club are like ten bob bits, they jump and kick all the time because the surface looks like the moon on them all, the other day there were two young lads in and the cue ball got chipped off the table at least eight times, on another table an older man and woman were playing (should know better)and whacking the colours round the table with the cue, no respect.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Treat your balls like your balls - if you know what I mean?

Keep them washed and clean
          Dont let others play with them unless you give them permission.
          Dont whack them around
          Try keep them warm
          and take them home

Comment

But don't keep them in a bag, keep in a nice box.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              Treat your balls like your balls - if you know what I mean?

Keep them washed and clean
              Dont let others play with them unless you give them permission.
              Dont whack them around
              Try keep them warm
              and take them home
              No, unless you are playing with them or sitting right next to them.
              Another TSF member posted once that he let someone else take his TCs down their regular club and he was sure there were one or two balls different when they came back.
              I only take mine with me when I am playing, but then no one else has every asked to borrow them either...
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

He should have weighed them Dean , might have found out.

Comment

I think he did say he should have done so but then trying to find the missing balls
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X