1G's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1G's

Just took delivery of a set of 1G's [ Thanks ADR ] , and got to say they are fantastic .

Previously had a set of TC's for just over 3 years and there is a noticeable difference when playing with a new set .

I assume that it must have been the same when i got my TC's....but can't remember .

17 frames with them last night and thoroughly enjoyed it :snooker:
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

I think with a set of new balls the polish and finish makes it so much easier to move the balls around its like playing a different game. No amount of polishing with the aramith ball cleaner or other types of polishes available ever seem to get the balls playing like a brand new set.

I really need to get around to buying a set of these myself, using my 16 year old super crystalates I think I need to move with the times!!!

Comment

When I got my new set of TCs I noticed a lot of kicks, which I dont get much anymore, did you notice many kicks?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi Dean , 17 frames and probably had 5 noticeable kicks . One was an absolute belter ! My mate was straight on a 3 foot black off the spot and he had a thunderous kick . Blackball missed the pocket by about 4 inches

Comment

What weight of balls are these Neil? I know they can vary from 140-143 but don't know whether all 1g sets come at one weight or not. I know the balls within a set will all be within 1g but don't know whether the weights vary much from set to set.

Comment

Yes you will notice a hell of a difference with a nice set thats for sure, its the same as when you buy a New set of Aramith Premier Pool Balls on Pool Table the seem to break better and Slide better than the worn old ones.

And Yes you are right you can clean and polish all you like will never be as good as new set which i have found out...lol

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              What weight of balls are these Neil? I know they can vary from 140-143 but don't know whether all 1g sets come at one weight or not. I know the balls within a set will all be within 1g but don't know whether the weights vary much from set to set.
              Not a clue mate .......don't have a set of scales .

Comment

The '1G' means all balls across each individual set are within a 1gm tolerance of each other (sort of obvious I know).

Aramith hasn't changed anything in the production of the 1G balls but rather just weighs them better at the end of the production line and makes sure the 1G sets are all within tolerance. The 1G balls and the TC balls are all made on the same production line and there's nothing special about the 1Gs.

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Ask any pro terry and they'll tell you otherwise am afraid.

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
                    Ask any pro terry and they'll tell you otherwise am afraid.
                    Are you saying these balls are different to TC's ???

Comment

Haven't got to play with a set of these yet but I have to say from various comments I'm intrigued to see. So Fraser have the balls changed recently because we kept hearing about this during the world championships but there was never anything said other than that they were using a new ball.

I was under the impression that they had found a different manufacturer, I can't see how aramith could change the ball as there would have to be a consultation with the players?

Comment

Aramith still make them, I wont say too much but among the players the general feeling is the tc's were better.

Comment

Shows what I know.........thought the 1G's were better !!

Comment

has anyone asked Saluc? the maker of Aramith balls ... it'd certainly be interesting to hear what they say ...

Comment

I had a set of the 1G balls and to be honest i couldn't tell the difference between them and a normal set of Aramith Tournament champion that i played with previously, if someone gave you a brand new set of both and said have a few frames with each then didn't tell you which balls were which i'd doubt you'd tell the difference.
                              Last edited by The Stig; 23 October 2013, 11:48 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X