Snooker cue extension -- which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker cue extension -- which one?

I need an extension to go along with my new cue (mini butt is included).

Looking at the screw-in telescopic ones.

Which length do I want here? And is there a specific brand I should pay attention to, or does it not matter?
    Shreddin' balls :livid:

What make of cue have you bought ?? extensions do not fit all cues !!!!

Comment

Hand made and yeah so I've read. However, was more looking for the preferred length more than anything else

Comment

Originally Posted by shredder View Post
        Hand made and yeah so I've read. However, was more looking for the preferred length more than anything else
        Hand made could be from anyone ????
        Most extensions are the same length, say 21.5” ( 54.5 cm) to 35.25” ( 89.5 cm) (taken from Parris website)

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Hand made could be from anyone ????
          Most extensions are the same length, say 21.5” ( 54.5 cm) to 35.25” ( 89.5 cm) (taken from Parris website)
          An Andy Travis one, sorry. Yes alright, 21-35 sounds about right. Will go with that, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. Thanks

Comment

An Andy Travis one, sorry. Yes alright, 21-35 sounds about right. Will go with that, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. Thanks
            Well Andy doesn't have his own joints so you will need to ask him which joint he buys, at a guess i would say Craftsman's ??? but best to message Andy

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Well Andy doesn't have his own joints so you will need to ask him which joint he buys, at a guess i would say Craftsman's ??? but best to message Andy
              Have already talked to Andy, I'm asking because I have a few to choose from length wise. I went with the 21-35" which is the longest of the choices. In terms of play, that's fitting right? I don't need either longer of shorter, correct?

Comment

Have already talked to Andy, I'm asking because I have a few to choose from length wise. I went with the 21-35" which is the longest of the choices. In terms of play, that's fitting right? I don't need either longer of shorter, correct?
                That seems to be standard length every maker uses so should be fine

Comment

Copy that.

Comment

i sometimes buy old exts of ebay take the joint out and put in the one that somebody wants

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                      i sometimes buy old exts of ebay take the joint out and put in the one that somebody wants
                      Tried that myself once. Dont know what the joint was glued in with but couldn't budge it and with it being brass just kept chewing bits off.
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

You Just have to warm the joint up with a candle the heat travels down the joint and loosens the glue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                          You Just have to warm the joint up with a candle the heat travels down the joint and loosens the glue.
                          Thanks Jim, Nice tip. I'll try it if I ever need to do it again in the future.
                          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                          X