Ball size question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball size question.

I am in the market right now for a new set of Aramith Balls both Snooker and 8 Ball. Now my question is regarding the sizes of them! My table is a regulation English 8 by 4 and i am worried IF i get the Aramith TV Cup Balls which i really like they only come in 2 1/4 size and i am worried these balls maybe to big for my table but i am unsure. I can get the regulation Aramith in 2" size but the TV series of ball does not come in this size and only is available in 2 and 1/4.

Is there really a huge difference in 2" Balls and the 2 and 1/4 size? I have heard reports of people having balls bounce of tables because they are using the 2 1/4 size balls because their tables are to small etc. I think currently the balls that came with my table are standard 2" and i am unsure if going 2 and 1/4 will be to big for my 8 by 4 table.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Snooker balls are 2 1/6 you can buy the pro cup balls 2 with a 1 7/8 white seen them on ebay around $180 a set. Don't use 2 1/4 balls they are for the American games .

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
      Snooker balls are 2 1/6 you can buy the pro cup balls 2 with a 1 7/8 white seen them on ebay around $180 a set. Don't use 2 1/4 balls they are for the American games .
      Thanks grim and do you have the Ebay link by any chance mate?

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
        Are these the ones grim? I am unable to find the Pro Cup numbered balls as i want the numbered balls as the family/kids like Kelly Pool!! I can't imagine the plain Yellow and Red balls ( Pro Cup ) being much higher in quality than what these are.

I have purchased from this Australian seller before and they are very good.

http://www.billiards.com.au/aramith-...sle-white.html

Comment

If your wanting the pro cup balls for 8 ball, I wouldn't buy them off eBay because you can get them a hell of a lot cheaper elsewhere. Good site is http://www.swsashop.com/Pool/ProCupBalls £72 for a set

Comment

Chappy5 if you want 2 numbered balls that seems a reasonable price at the end of the day you don't need the top of the range balls to play with at home .

Comment

Gary Hall that's a good price for pro cup balls.

Comment

Working...
              X