X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo sorry,

Retooling = retipping.

Comment

• Get the brown ones here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADR147-pro...item3a8a6a07a9
      I think they feel like a good elk.

Comment

• Originally Posted by lbs View Post
        Get the brown ones here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADR147-pro...item3a8a6a07a9
        Thanks for this, have ordered a soft black now, fingers crossed. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by lbs View Post
          Get the brown ones here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADR147-pro...item3a8a6a07a9
          Andrew said the black ones are exactly the same as the brown, same tip just a different colour.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by jigsaw333
            Hi All,

New here first question.

The CIU club where I am now playing have two tables and I've played there for a few months.
            Straight away I felt the balls were reacting strangely. Very difficult to put on top and relatively easy to screw the ball.
            I weighed and measured them. 5 1/15th and 129g incluing the cue balls. My point is they don't react like Aramith Tournament or Premium balls in any way.
            This was mentioned to the powers that be and has caused a bit of an arguement.

I have my own set of 1G Tournament balls and when I used them there another argument arrived. A bit of dis-respect for the equipment provided.
            The league players there practices with 129g Premium balls but play matches with 142g Tournament balls because thats what the club provides.

The table fitter even stated that no decent player would ever use Aramith balls as they are so cheap and nasty. I tried to put him straight when I showed him the 1G set - But he wouldn't have it.

Anyway, point is, what balls should a club use? Surely most clubs use sets of Tournament Champion balls (142g) and not the Premier balls (129g).

Please reply with something that I can present to them as proof that the BALLS ARE WRONG.

Many thanks,

Simon.
            not on topic fella - you should delete and move to an area where people will see it who can help you.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Got my tip the other day, mw wearing out but not sure whether to wait till its totally done or not. Curiosity may get the better of me. I also got 2 of the superb burnishing things, these work a treat! Great wee things and handy for protecting the top of cue (from what I don't know but you never know) my mate saw mine and wants the second one.
              :snooker:

Comment

• Tried my soft ADR147 tip tonight. For me personally it was too hard. I had a 50 odd and 69 with it, so it plays well, but just a bit too hard for me.
                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                  Tried my soft ADR147 tip tonight. For me personally it was too hard. I had a 50 odd and 69 with it, so it plays well, but just a bit too hard for me.
                  shame, I think If I did them any softer though we might end up with the problems of splitting etc kamui etc have, I can try though!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    shame, I think If I did them any softer though we might end up with the problems of splitting etc kamui etc have, I can try though!
                    Give them a try, call them super soft or something similar. I'd be willing to test one out of you need any testers.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
                      Give them a try, call them super soft or something similar. I'd be willing to test one out of you need any testers.
                      ok i will do, although I will need them well tested before putting them on sale as it might taint the reputation of the others!
                      Last edited by ADR147; 24 February 2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• I'd be another one willing to test them for you I really like the medium ones as they are a very consistent hit but can always try a super soft when playing pool.

Comment

• I'm sure plenty of the local lads would test them for you Andrew

Comment

• Super softs will deform and possibly mushroom. If Kamui can't make a super soft that doesn't deform, I doubt anyone can. If folk want a super-soft tip, buy an Elk! It will be soft and if you don't treat it, it may deform as well, so you're in no worse a position and you'd saved a few quid.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                              Super softs will deform and possibly mushroom. If Kamui can't make a super soft that doesn't deform, I doubt anyone can. If folk want a super-soft tip, buy an Elk! It will be soft and if you don't treat it, it may deform as well, so you're in no worse a position and you'd saved a few quid.
                              i guess the trick will be how soft can you go before they fall apart!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                                Super softs will deform and possibly mushroom. If Kamui can't make a super soft that doesn't deform, I doubt anyone can. If folk want a super-soft tip, buy an Elk! It will be soft and if you don't treat it, it may deform as well, so you're in no worse a position and you'd saved a few quid.
                                agree with this statement,,, LM tips are Always abit harder than press tips.
                                No matter how soft you make them!! There are players that just can'nt use to it !! . The only solution is : use press tips.
                                I play with adr soft tips. IMO,, they are the softest LM tips that I have ever seen!! and i have tryed them all !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X