Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leather butt pads

Hi all
    Was wondering If there are any products on the market for temporary leather butt pads. Have a cue that has a butt joint But since extensions aren't used often was wanting to see If there are any screw in leather pads that could be used to protect the cue butt.

What kind is the butt joint

Comment

IMG_71081568535627-1.jpg

Can only find a pic

Comment

Hi Jono

Try Tony Wilshaw cues. I have sent my cue for alterations including the fitting of a butt joint. In speaking with Tony he offered to make me a leather pad to protect the joint when not in use. Haven't got my cue back yet but I will post pics when I do. He quoted me £20 for the pad as he has to use shoe leather material. Apparently its the only source of decent leather for the job.

Cheers

David

Comment

Cheers Jono!

I made a 3D-image measuring carefully and copying the threads of an extension, and then 3D-printed this kind of screw-in-button, which I glued on quite thick leather pad (I took leather from a belt). This one works great!

kierrenuppi-v3.JPGIMG_1088.jpgIMG_1082.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by RunningSide View Post
            Cheers Jono!

I made a 3D-image measuring carefully and copying the threads of an extension, and then 3D-printed this kind of screw-in-button, which I glued on quite thick leather pad (I took leather from a belt). This one works great!
            Stupid question: what is the printout made out of?

One more: Could you print a snooker cue?
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

The material is ABS (or very similar) plastic. The printing is very slow process and suitable only to small unique parts.

Comment

The material is ABS (or very similar) plastic. The printing is very slow process and suitable only to small unique parts.
                Expensive???
                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

No, the printing material is cheap. The printer itself can be very expensive, but there are cheap ones too. I do not have 3d-printer at home, but got this printed out by benefiting family relations. I've been dreaming of having an own 3d-printer, but this far there is not that many properly working solutions for me that I would invest any money in one yet. Maybe after few years...

Comment

No, the printing material is cheap. The printer itself can be very expensive, but there are cheap ones too. I do not have 3d-printer at home, but got this printed out by benefiting family relations. I've been dreaming of having an own 3d-printer, but this far there is not that many properly working solutions for me that I would invest any money in one yet. Maybe after few years...
                    When you can start printing 3D Parris Ultimates and Trevor White cues . . . I will buy one too.

Comment

Working...
                    X