Looking for digital callipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
    A daft bit of plastic a keep getting different readings so tell me what is the correct procedure to this daft thing JRC
    How much different Stevie ?

Comment

Right fully close the calipers so the arms touch each other, then push the reset button, that should then read 0, then open up and measure what you need, it's best to reset it every time you measure something, try that mate

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Right fully close the calipers so the arms touch each other, then push the reset button, that should then read 0, then open up and measure what you need, it's best to reset it every time you measure something, try that mate
        Al give it one more try

Comment

Al give it one more try
          Your always get some variance Stevie, what's the difference between your biggest and smallest reading ?

Also, when you close the calipers, hold them up to the light, where you shouldn't see any gap between the measuring faces ( the tips of the faces can be damaged sometimes ).
          Last edited by billabong; 19 February 2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Could you tell us in millimetres how frustrated you are Stevie.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Don't think he can, well not accurately anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                Your always get some variance Stevie, what's the difference between your biggest and smallest reading ?

Also, when you close the calipers, hold them up to the light, where you shouldn't see any gap between the measuring faces ( the tips of the faces can be damaged sometimes ).
                It's fine now mate a dun it the right way thanks new exquisite cue is just under 9.5 mac cue is 9.6sh so a measured the exquisite cue against mac cue so a could get it up to 9.6 it's 58

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Well let's just say a took 3 cues out to measure and nearly had 6 by the time a started to measure haha

Comment

A daft bit of plastic a keep getting different readings so tell me what is the correct procedure to this daft thing JRC
                    Stick with them Stevie, you'll get the hang of them in time. I found them a bit frustrating to start off with but in time you learn how to use them. One thing I was doing wrong was using different force when pressing the two legs together. I could get my ferrule to measure anything from 9.6 to 9.8 just by pressing lightly or hard. My calipers go haywire if I don't zero them regularly.

Comment

Here you Stevie I can't bear to see you struggle anymore......

Hope this helps you bud.
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                        Stick with them Stevie, you'll get the hang of them in time. I found them a bit frustrating to start off with but in time you learn how to use them. One thing I was doing wrong was using different force when pressing the two legs together. I could get my ferrule to measure anything from 9.6 to 9.8 just by pressing lightly or hard. My calipers go haywire if I don't zero them regularly.
                        LOL, an engineer I used to work with applied this method to get his parts in spec.

You could make an adjustment for the actual size by looking at the colour of his thumb joint. . .

The whiter it went, the harder he was pressing. .

Don't forget to have the parts AND the caliper in the same room at constant temperature for 24 hours,

and preferably at 21°C. That'll save any errors due to , the material's

thermal co-efficient of thermal expansion. .

Comment

the best caliper iv had http://www.amazon.com/iGaging-Premiu.../dp/B005PH07J2

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                            Here you Stevie I can't bear to see you struggle anymore......

Hope this helps you bud.
                            Thanks mate sorted

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                              Yes found the same when a squeeze to hard mate

Comment

With callipers you do not need to squeeze hard at all. Just lightly adjust the arms until they touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X