No announcement yet.

Nose bridge for glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody got one of these spoony things for sale?

Comment

Originally Posted by marc.lockley@ntlworld.com View Post
      Don't worry, now got hold of one.

Played with standard glasses last night after contact lenses for last few years. Seemed like a big mistake as missed a few over the pocket so can only think it was distortion in the lenses as moved the glasses slightly and the whole table distorted.

Does anyone think the spoony works? If I play as bad as last night I'll just go back to lenses and accept the long ones are a bit blurred!
      You have to give your brain time to decipher the new image it is being given. It will adjust it subconsciously after a while and you will see clearly.
      This is the case everytime your prescription changes and it is the case every time you change from playing in glasses to contacts or using a spoony.
      Give your brain time to make the adjustments needed. When I first used my new snooker glasses after playing for years in contacts, the table looked curved when I bent down and I started to get a mild headache after five minutes, but after half an hour the table looked normal, my headache had gone and my eyesight was clear.
      I had to adjust the nose pieces to get the focal point of the lense in the correct place when down, you may have to do this with a spoony but it's an item that's adjustable as it's made of fine wire so experiment with what height you need your glasses to be when down in your stance.

Comment

I cannot understand how someone wearing contact lenses has poor distance vision. I have always had my contacts set up for 20/15 vision, which is slightly long-sighted and I can see the chalk dust on the black from the baulk area.

Go back and get the lenses set up properly (although if you're a little older like me you might need to get some reading glasses for fine print).

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi Terry

I certainly can't see the dust on the black, made me giggle as I would be pretty chuffed to see that level of detail.

I am short sighted so the lenses are set up for this distance but I'll get them checked. I just struggle a little on the edge at that distance but that is everything as you know.

I have a stigmatism and they said that no lense would be perfect vision so maybe I need to consider the laser treatment, has anyone had thhat and it's helped?

I am 50 by the way!
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by marc.lockley@ntlworld.com View Post
            Hi Terry

I certainly can't see the dust on the black, made me giggle as I would be pretty chuffed to see that level of detail.

I am short sighted so the lenses are set up for this distance but I'll get them checked. I just struggle a little on the edge at that distance but that is everything as you know.

I have a stigmatism and they said that no lense would be perfect vision so maybe I need to consider the laser treatment, has anyone had thhat and it's helped?

I am 50 by the way!
            Weii, I'm 69yrs old and have been wearing gas permeable contact lenses for a long time with no problems. I get them checked and usually renewed every 2yrs or so. Lasik is the best solution if you get a good doctor but don't go for the cheapo guys who advertise at 300 or 400 per eye, as good Lasik costs around 1,500GBP for both eyes. They should offer yearly examinations and tune-ups free and that is really worth it.

My wife has had the Lasik and she likes it and is 20/20 in both eyes and she only had one tune-up early on.

There is no reason why a good eye doctor can't get your vision with the lenses to 20/15 which is perfect for snooker and allows you to see dust on a ball from 12ft away! I have astigmatism too by the way but I do go to a university contact lens clinic where they really know their stuff.

I've taken lately to only wearing my contact in my left eye as that's my sighting eye.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi Terry

Thanks again for coming back so soon.

I may well look into this as it would certainly make a difference, I certainly can't see dust on a ball at that length.

If I can find my way to the opticians I'll enquire.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Coutts Cues does them here: http://www.couttscues.co.uk/product.php/6260001/

Comment

how to use them... looks useful for me too..

Comment

£10 hahaha - that makes them more costly than solid silver or 9ct gold, pound for pound - injection moulded in china for tuppence!!

stick with a bit of plasticine, if you're worried about people looking at you funny wear some clown shoes to divert their attention, will come in handy for stretching shots too

I must get in on this....

Comment

Working...
                    X