• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do you live?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Place called Herne Bay, in Kent.
      You have to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back.

Comment

Originally Posted by JParrott1
        Ive tried but to no avail, so Im going to get it done professionally, seeing as I dont know any cue makers/doctors in the kent area, Im looking online, i notice www.planetsnooker.com do tip and ferrule repair for £7.....is this a good option?
        any option that gets it done properly is good, if you can afford the price and wait, but having seen the pics, its not a hard fix to do yourself......dont be scared....it would take myself or ADR 20 minutes to sort the whole job. be brave

Comment

Of that Im sure!! The thing is its my first attempt, and my arm is literally aching due to the amount of sanding ive done haha, but its just got me nowhere.

Comment

Of that Im sure!! The thing is its my first attempt, and my arm is literally aching due to the amount of sanding ive done haha, but its just got me nowhere.
            JP, im certainly not trying to be cheeky, or to offend you.

its not difficult. you need to be brave enough to tackle it though.

try rougher sandpaper, and make sure you follow the procedures posted.

also, when the tip is glued, and held firmly down in place, and then stuck, it will work, if the above is done correctly

Comment

Sure, Ill try some rougher paper, Ive been using some quite fine stuff, ill have another go...

Comment

worse case senario send it to someone to fix, as sem says its not a big job.

Comment

Well Ive done more and its a bit better but its still not good enough. However, I only have about half a centimetre of ferrule left now. I hope this is repairable, still, I guess ive learnt from it.

Comment

Well Ive done more and its a bit better but its still not good enough. However, I only have about half a centimetre of ferrule left now. I hope this is repairable, still, I guess ive learnt from it.
                    you should have lost less than 1/2mm at the very most....closer to 1/4 or a 1/5th

Comment

Thanks for your advice anyway, is it easily repairable if i send it off to be re tipped with a new ferrule?

Comment

send it to dave brown at craftsman cues

Comment

Ok, cheers, I cant help feeling a bit of an idiot, but Im sure I'll do better on my 2nd attempt (dare I say Ill try)

Comment

great guide ADR147!!!
                            thanks alot!

Comment

Thanx for the tips adr, b4 i used to file and sand my tip. never thought of cutting it first.

Comment

Originally Posted by katonryu View Post
                                Thanx for the tips adr, b4 i used to file and sand my tip. never thought of cutting it first.
                                it saves a great deal of time!

Comment

Working...
                                X