No announcement yet.

New TWEETEN tips( Ronnie is using)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Dave.......excellent reply . I personally like the tips .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

haha the plot thickens..........

although in fairness to craftsman they were just repeating what they had apparently been told by tweetens?

its just a cue tip at the end of the day!
      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
        haha the plot thickens..........

although in fairness to craftsman they were just repeating what they had apparently been told by tweetens?

its just a cue tip at the end of the day!

Exactly, he was repeating what someone at tweetens had told him. all that paper prove's is you brought the tip's directly from them, probably innocently?, thinking they were different.

Comment

Now why would someone at Tweeten say that they didn't make them?
          I had an email conversation with Skip the President of Tweeten Fiber and he confirmed that they made these Special tips but he also said that Tweeten have never called them "Ronnie's" tips or linked them directly with Ronnie.
          It maybe that Ronnie does use them but Tweeen have not made that connection.
          Funnily enough, did anyone else hear during the WSC Davis, etc., talking about Ronnie having trouble with his tips (what's new eh!?) and Davis stated that Ronnie is going through a box of 50 which only cost a £5 (?)
          and then Hazel asked how much a tip costs and both Davis and Doherty (?) looked at each other and shock there heads as they both never have bought a tip
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Now why would someone at Tweeten say that they didn't make them?
            I had an email conversation with Skip the President of Tweeten Fiber and he confirmed that they made these Special tips but he also said that Tweeten have never called them "Ronnie's" tips or linked them directly with Ronnie.
            It maybe that Ronnie does use them but Tweeen have not made that connection.
            Funnily enough, did anyone else hear during the WSC Davis, etc., talking about Ronnie having trouble with his tips (what's new eh!?) and Davis stated that Ronnie is going through a box of 50 which only cost a £5 (?)
            and then Hazel asked how much a tip costs and both Davis and Doherty (?) looked at each other and shock there heads as they both never have bought a tip

Craftsman have just posted a retraction of their comments....

Comment

That's what is wrong with the BBC Coverage , they need to go more in depth for the snooker nuts who want to know what players use in the way of cues , tips etc .

I am sure they could do a piece on different tips etc .....would make it more interesting than watching someone play trick shots on a Pool Table .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                That's what is wrong with the BBC Coverage , they need to go more in depth for the snooker nuts who want to know what players use in the way of cues , tips etc .

I am sure they could do a piece on different tips etc .....would make it more interesting than watching someone play trick shots on a Pool Table .
                +1 they could do a whole section on tip's currents cues the players are using. it would entertain a snooker person more than to see someone playing set up shots.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                  Craftsman have just posted a retraction of their comments....
                  can you copy it - text or link (not that I do FB or Twitter)
                  quickly now before it disappears
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craft...0258?ref=br_tf

Comment

"Craftsman Cues

about an hour ago.

I regret to inform i made a post yesterday about some new Elk Master tips. The post was made in error due to receiving false information. More informationto follow.........."
                      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Well I can confirm I have been using the new elk Ronnie tips for around 3 weeks
                        now and yes I bought 5 from Dave at Coutts. They play nothing like the normal
                        elks they are firmer for people who like firmer tips are also more consistent than
                        normal elks and I personally would never use normal elks again after I have
                        used these. My search is over for the perfect tip that suits my game and I would
                        pay £5 a tip for these that's how much I rate them. I still cant understand why
                        manufacturers infuse tips with chalk I hate the mess they cause when fitting so
                        its a thumbs up from me that these new elks come with no chalk on at all.

Comment

Originally Posted by belld View Post
                          Well I can confirm I have been using the new elk Ronnie tips for around 3 weeks
                          now and yes I bought 5 from Dave at Coutts. They play nothing like the normal
                          elks they are firmer for people who like firmer tips are also more consistent than
                          normal elks and I personally would never use normal elks again after I have
                          used these. My search is over for the perfect tip that suits my game and I would
                          pay £5 a tip for these that's how much I rate them. I still cant understand why
                          manufacturers infuse tips with chalk I hate the mess they cause when fitting so
                          its a thumbs up from me that these new elks come with no chalk on at all.
                          I can second that, I also bought 5 tips from Coutts and I have now clocked up around 7 hours of play now and I am very impressed, there is a great feel to the tip, not too soft, good grip and easy to shape, I didn't use my brand new made in China tip press, just put on and played.
                          IMO makes the standard Elk obsolete.
                          " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

Originally Posted by sydneygeorge View Post
                            I can second that, I also bought 5 tips from Coutts and I have now clocked up around 7 hours of play now and I am very impressed, there is a great feel to the tip, not too soft, good grip and easy to shape, I didn't use my brand new made in China tip press, just put on and played.
                            IMO makes the standard Elk obsolete.
                            Just a quick update, I have just ordered another 5 from Coutts on eBay, tried to order 10 but somehow managed to stuff up the postage quote or they did.
                            At this point I think I do not need to experiment with new tips any longer.

N
                            " Cues are like girlfriends,once they become an EX I don't want them hanging around ".

Comment

how does one get a hold of these tips? thanx

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerbum View Post
                                how does one get a hold of these tips? thanx
                                Here you bud.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SPECIA...item7b7f19065f

Or you could contact Dave direct on the forum.....

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ht=Ronnie+tips
                                Last edited by coomsey76; 16 May 2014, 08:05 PM. Reason: Link added......
                                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Working...
                                X