No announcement yet.

Bestest tip tool in the world ever!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bestest tip tool in the world ever!!!!!

2014-05-14 15.14.18.jpg2014-05-14 11.29.59.jpg2014-05-14 11.30.50.jpg2014-05-14 11.31.13.jpgIt's official I am a bonifiedy genius!
    Pretty sure I can't patent this one but if anyone uses it please donate to Fred's fund.
    Take one cheap pencil sharpener/trimmer, remove the blade, file off the corner and you can now use it as a guide for your scalpel, truly amazing results as above, proper chuffed with myself!
    Last edited by culraven; 14 May 2014, 02:15 PM.
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Very impressive that looks bang on. think you might of started something here.

Comment

I can't get over what a good job it does, and I'm cack handed!

Comment

what did you mean 'file off the corner'? which corner?

Comment

If you can see were my thumb is you need to file the edge of the blade recess so you can get your blade flush, and then take a bit more off the outer edge until you can get your blade to come far enough across, I'll try and add another picture.

Comment

i hate to put a dampener on your genius but people have been stealing my modified pencil sharpeners for about 10 years!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I still think I'm a genius, I feel like an artist, I've been retipping and tidying tips up all day!

Comment

I use a massive pencil sharpener that does exactly the same thing

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                  I still think I'm a genius, I feel like an artist, I've been retipping and tidying tips up all day!
                  feel free to pop round here!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

After alot of Re-Tipping you can get these Results without a Sharpener! Just using very sharp blade and a steady hand and if you havent a steady hand then Turn Cue upside down Tip onto hard surface and put abit of Pressure downwards on shaft and cut tip flush to ferrule in Seconds!

Gaz.

Comment

The problem with the giant pencil sharpener is the blades aren't sharp enough and for me it didn't seem to get close enough to the ferule, anything hanging over puts me off!
                      I don't have a steady hand and in 20 years of retipping, this has been a real eureka moment for me. Before i could spend half an hour and still not get it this perfect, this took me no more than 5 minutes. Think the number 9 blade helped, just seems easier to handle.

Comment

I use a sharp chisel for my tips, And i mean sharp! goes through laminated tips like a penis in a prostitute! with tipping i think it's best to stick with what works best, If it aint broke don't try to fix it!

Comment

Working...
                        X