Blackspin tips brilliant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackspin tips brilliant

Have been playing with one of Mike Wooldridge Blackspin tips for over a month I am able to play almost every day so I have given the tip a good try out All I can say is that these are a good work horse of a tip once fitted and a little extra shaping you can forget about it , I am no expert but my deep screw shot length of screw back was better with Mikes tip . However there is one point I would like to raise Mike states in his video they dont need sanding (Bottom Red Layer ) but you can give them a VERY SLIGHT SANDING IF YOU WISH after having one come adrift I now sand the bottom layer (As Mike said VERY SLIGHTLY) and have had no further problems "TO SAND OR NOT TO SAND THAT IS THE PROBLEM" sounds like a quote from Hamlet/
    Last edited by denja; 31 May 2014, 07:43 AM.

Nice one Den, it's always nice when you find a tip that suits you and your game.....
    Last edited by coomsey76; 31 May 2014, 08:10 AM. Reason: Checked info.....
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Is that fitted on a blackspin ferrule Denja, or onto a normal brass one?
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Is that fitted on a blackspin ferrule Denja, or onto a normal brass one?
        Normal brass ferrule Mike said they were suitable for both afraid its the nearest I can get to one of Mikes cues (budget wise) if I won the Lottery it would be the first thing on my list !

Comment

I have a mike wooldridge cue up for grabs soon it's a one piece ash sin bin cue cost you half the price of a badged cue and plays just as well as a normal wooly cue p.m me if interested. It has a brass ferrule not the blackspin and a plain black ebony butt with f1 joint fitted.
          Last edited by dave121260; 31 May 2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Got a couple but I didn't get on with mine, not hard enough for me

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
              Normal brass ferrule Mike said they were suitable for both afraid its the nearest I can get to one of Mikes cues (budget wise) if I won the Lottery it would be the first thing on my list !
              Nice to see they are ok on both types of ferrule, I don't know why but I had it in my head they were developed especially for the blackspin ferrule.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Nice to see they are ok on both types of ferrule, I don't know why but I had it in my head they were developed especially for the blackspin ferrule.
                They also fit on the brass ferrule. I play also with BS tip. As denja said, they are really good. and in my opinion they hold the chalk very well. I use master chalk.

Comment

Did you get the tips from mike himself would like to try them on my black ferrule Mac Cue

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
                    However there is one point I would like to raise Mike states in his video they dont need sanding (Bottom Red Layer ) but you can give them a VERY SLIGHT SANDING IF YOU WISH after having one come adrift I now sand the bottom layer (As Mike said VERY SLIGHTLY) and have had no further problems
                    actually, i kind of regret saying that as i would always give any type of tip a bit of a sand on the bottom just to clear any possible dirt/foreign substance. the point/focus was really meant to be more on the fact that i was working on making these tips as flat as possible on the bottom so you do not need any preparation in respect to levelling.

although theoretically it should need no sanding due to the imprinted pattern creating a natural 'key', just the handling alone during manufacture or removal from packet by customer may leave something on the base that may affect adhesion (oil/dust from the hand/fingers springs to mind) so yes, it is probably advisable to give a light sand just to ensure it is clean.

another good idea, assuming you use superglue, is to lick your finger and wipe that on the base before glueing it on. blow it so it is not actually 'wet' to look at, and the moisture taken into the base will help the superglue cure quicker.

i've also had many issues with tooling and there have been instances of the base not being quite as flat as it should have been. like most things it remains work in progress, but pretty much solved that problem now

conclusion - a light sand is a good idea, but not like for most other tips where you often need to do quite a bit just to get it level enough.

this is exactly the order/procedure i follow:

1) very light sand
                    2) blow off dust
                    3) lick finger and wet tip base
                    4) blow excess 'wet' off
                    5) apply superglue (gel or thick type preferably) to top of cue
                    6) stick tip on
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Mick Dundee View Post
                      Got a couple but I didn't get on with mine, not hard enough for me
                      i have made some very hard…

might end up offering these in different hardnesses but, at the moment, i'm focussing on a more mainstream feel.

you can contact me via shop if you'd like to try one of the 'rocks' i have
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

they were, but it's still just a tip so suitable for any/all cues/ferrules.
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Hi mike you got eny black spin tips left a would like to get sum

Comment

hopefully have time to finish some later this week
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Removal man stevie View Post
                              Did you get the tips from mike himself would like to try them on my black ferrule Mac Cue
                              Mike has made ​​my cue. So, I received my cue with a BS tip on it.!!
                              I think Mike used them for each new cue that he makes !!!!! NOT SURE ( sorry Mike if i am wrong ).
                              If you hurry, PM me your address. I'll send you a Black spin tip.
                              Or you can wait and buy them, from Mike's shop (next week).

Comment

Working...
                              X