No announcement yet.

Tip Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is not necessary. it's more personal preference. Some players make the tip as a Mushrooms (P Ebdon). I make it myself always around. for a better G O t CB. ( especially with LM tips ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      I bought this Kamui Gator grip ,yesterday. I must say, they are not cheap but they are worth the money. it works perfectly. thanks for the advice.
      Is this something that similar to the Kamui Gator Grip ?

Comment

I stick it on, trim it flush, knock the edge off the top, and it never sees me again until I put another on(apart from chalking it) should I be doing more, and when do I know to do it?, I don't know if this sounds like a mickey take, but it's a genuine question.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
          Is this something that similar to the Kamui Gator Grip ?

yes, it's the same !!!!'

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            I stick it on, trim it flush, knock the edge off the top, and it never sees me again until I put another on(apart from chalking it) should I be doing more, and when do I know to do it?, I don't know if this sounds like a mickey take, but it's a genuine question.
            usually after a few frames, the tip loses its shape ( you can see that )!!! I make it around again, for a better grip on t CB. Depends on what kind of tip you use. LM tips are harder and hold their shape a little longer. Anyway, If you do'nt miscueing en have a goed grip on the CB, than keep it that way. Should be good enough. !!!!!!!

Comment

Always put masking tape or insulation tape round your cue right up to the tip before you do ANY WORK on the tip.

Comment

usually after a few frames, the tip loses its shape ( you can see that )!!! I make it around again, for a better grip on t CB. Depends on what kind of tip you use. LM tips are harder and hold their shape a little longer. Anyway, If you do'nt miscueing en have a goed grip on the CB, than keep it that way. Should be good enough. !!!!!!!
                Tips don't always go out of shape under regular use. Firstly, if you trim without pulling the fibers when you first put the tip on (this is what damages a lot of Elks), AND you use the chalk as if you were using sandpaper - careful light swipes across the entire tip face between shots - then your tip won't go out of shape. I see some players chalk without care and that ends up eventually flattening and taking the tip out of shape.
                Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                  Tips don't always go out of shape under regular use. Firstly, if you trim without pulling the fibers when you first put the tip on (this is what damages a lot of Elks), AND you use the chalk as if you were using sandpaper - careful light swipes across the entire tip face between shots - then your tip won't go out of shape. I see some players chalk without care and that ends up eventually flattening and taking the tip out of shape.
                  are you sure????? Oky dan !!!!.in that case, Many thanks for the advice!!!!!!

Comment

I will look at my tip next time I'm in, cheers Ramon.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

something wrong happen when i change my tip. its giving out weird noises when i do soft shots. is it that i place too many super glue?
                      there is a black line below the tip. i think it is a layer of super glue

Comment

are you sure?????
                        100% sure. I changed how I chalk and cut tips, and my tips don't lose shape any more. Elks are soft though so they will be more susceptible, but you just have to chalk more gently with an Elk vs other layered tips.

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                          something wrong happen when i change my tip. its giving out weird noises when i do soft shots. is it that i place too many super glue?
                          there is a black line below the tip. i think it is a layer of super glue
                          Yes, I know this problem well and have had it happen before. I THINK you have an air gap or the tip isn't on properly, OR you have a bad tip, OR it's just temporary. if I remember from when it happened to me, the problem does go away eventually. If you are getting the cue ball to do what you expect, then leave it alone for now.

How long have you had it on?

Comment

I had same experience before. It's found due to the tip not firmly glued.

Comment

I just fixed this tip yesterday. On soft shots it happen but nv happen on power shots. Its very irritating. What should I do to fix it if it nv goes away. Its a adr tip

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                                I just fixed this tip yesterday. On soft shots it happen but nv happen on power shots. Its very irritating. What should I do to fix it if it nv goes away. Its a adr tip
                                What kind of glue did you use? How did you sand the tip bottom? How did you clean the ferrule? Did you check that the tip sits flush before applying glue? How did you trim the tip sides? Was the knife super sharp?

Comment

Working...
                                X