Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Diamond Plus Cue Tips

has anyone tried these tips and what are they like just ordered some

Ive used them for a few months they are good. They are hard and I find give a good consistant contact. Not really used to hard tips but these came as a pleasant surprise. They are good to shape and dome (how i like my tips) and keep their shape with no bits falling off!!(like some tips ive had). After 5months the tip is still going strong. Hope that helps gary.

Comment

Buffalo Diamond Plus Cue Tips

I had one on a few years ago.
      not bad to start with but it misshaped after about 6 months
      after a reshape it was ok until I changed it for a new non-prechalked elkmaster.
      thought I should say that the non-chalked elk has been replaced as it became too hard and "tinny" for me.
      Last edited by DeanH; 26 August 2014, 07:52 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi justf thanks that does help i normally play with Elkmaster but they all seems to be hard to me i dont know whether its me or not so i thought i will give these a try can you or any one recommend a soft tip

Comment

I have been thinking about an ADR soft, I put a standard elk back on and it doing ok so far
          but I am like you I prefer a softer tip and by all feedback (so far ) the ADRs sound good
          not bought one yet though

Comment

I've been a lifelong fan of Brunswick Blue Diamond, thought I would try the Buffalo after reading the line about 'plays like a blue diamond used to years ago'"......sorry but it doesn't. To be fair I bought 3 and have only used 1, will probably have another go. Original Brunswick BD are a bit inconsistent now but when I get a good one it's perfect.

Comment

Originally Posted by springerred View Post
              I've been a lifelong fan of Brunswick Blue Diamond, thought I would try the Buffalo after reading the line about 'plays like a blue diamond used to years ago'"......sorry but it doesn't. To be fair I bought 3 and have only used 1, will probably have another go. Original Brunswick BD are a bit inconsistent now but when I get a good one it's perfect.
              exactly what I have felt for a long time.
              I bought some Brunswick BD from ADR a few years ago when he found an old box. Unfortunately they are only 9mm so I use them on my pool cue. lovely tips
              Last edited by DeanH; 26 August 2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

thanks deanh i might have ago at ADR soft tip me and my mate have gone through about 8 tips in about a month they all just seems to hard to us

Comment

let us know how you get on
                  ps don't glue it upside down
                  (see ADRtips thread)

Comment

Originally Posted by springerred View Post
                    plays like a blue diamond used to years ago' yes thats why i went for them

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      (see ADRtips thread)
                      ps don't glue it upside down good tip that

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                        Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        (see ADRtips thread)
                        ps don't glue it upside down good tip that
                        ps ADR did say it probably won't be a bad thing -I was jesting

Comment

jesting yes me to good tip that lol

Comment

Brunswick blue diamond for me also...

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                              thanks deanh i might have ago at ADR soft tip me and my mate have gone through about 8 tips in about a month they all just seems to hard to us
                              You honestly can't go wrong with an ADR tip, I've only tried the original batch which i think were medium, but they are just perfect and last for ever without even losing there shape. Let us know how you get on with the soft one if you decide to try one?
                              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                              X