Grand Cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
    I have been following this thread and so I have just purchased some Grand soft tips and will be giving them a go shortly.

I now have a collection of tips comprising Blue Diamond, Elkmaster, Mike Wooldrige and now a few Grand.

I'm sure that many of you will also have such a collection in little separate packages and, I would like to ask a question of those of you that do. If you were to tip them all out into a pile on the table, mix them up a bit, could you then put them all back into their correct packs? I am absolutely certain that I couldn't!
    pretty sure I could
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Yes you prob could Andrew ...I keeps all my tips marked up in bags thou

Comment

• If you spread only Blue Diamond, Elkmaster, Mike Wooldrige and few Grand, I think I could as well
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Just a small update on the Grand Tips i bought from an ebay seller i can only say that i am very happy wth this tip...i had just fitted a new blue diamond on my cue and had not played with it then the next day the Grand tips got deliverd so i removed the BD and fitted the GT. I like the size/height of the tip nice and easy to shape..played 4hrs/15 frames with Catch22 last night and honestly the tip never lost shape one bit. I play with an 11mm and the feel was great. It was a medium tip i fitted and it was very good. The tips i got from ebay were diffrend from the ones shown in the sellers addvert..his were like talisman colour but the ones i got were blue so i thought i had been sold dudds but this was not the case. If not tried these tips yet i would defo recomend that you try them..as these are very cheap to buy.
          Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

• Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
            Just a small update on the Grand Tips i bought from an ebay seller i can only say that i am very happy wth this tip...i had just fitted a new blue diamond on my cue and had not played with it then the next day the Grand tips got deliverd so i removed the BD and fitted the GT. I like the size/height of the tip nice and easy to shape..played 4hrs/15 frames with Catch22 last night and honestly the tip never lost shape one bit. I play with an 11mm and the feel was great. It was a medium tip i fitted and it was very good. The tips i got from ebay were diffrend from the ones shown in the sellers addvert..his were like talisman colour but the ones i got were blue so i thought i had been sold dudds but this was not the case. If not tried these tips yet i would defo recomend that you try them..as these are very cheap to buy.
            What other tip would you say they played like Warren?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              What other tip would you say they played like Warren?
              I would say very simelar to an early MW Supertip.

Comment

I would say very simelar to an early MW Supertip.
                Stop it! Teasing folk with the holy grail

Comment

You asked me a question and i gave my honest answer... !

Comment

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post

Now who is teasing ?

Comment

Now who is teasing ?
                        Cost me 30 Euros, but i won my league game 4-1 last night using one against last years winner, so they must have mystical magical powers

Comment

I had heard whispered tales in the back reaches of smokey snooker halls about the mythical MW super tip five tip card but I thought it was just that a myth
                          Well done on the win JRC, nice one.

Comment

Cost me 30 Euros, but i won my league game 4-1 last night using one against last years winner, so they must have mystical magical powers
                            they were great tips!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

To be honest, I think Warren is pretty spot on....Thinking about it, the GT are surely the closest I've used to the MW Super tips we all worshipped. Mine is really good even though I tend to miscue a lot the last couple of weeks but not fautling the tip here, as I have been playing very poorly. Cue action was sh*te so fault is surely on me rather than the tip! Now it has to be said tha tdespite the miscues, it never lost its shape, never had a chunk coming off. Impressive...
                              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• How consistent are these over a box? I might buy a few just to test them out. Funnily enough I probably had one on my cue when I bought it (it's a Grand cue) but as you do, I chopped it off as soon as it arrived.

Comment

Working...
                                X