No announcement yet.

Grand Cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt we just accept the fact that it took time to bed in a new tip? Nowadays the main selling point of tips is they need little or no bedding in.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
      Have elks really got worse or is it just that the players have?! When we were younger playing well and had no knowledge of tips or anything else, we got on with it.

If anyone has used both a Buffalo Diamond Plus and a Grand tip medium, please let me know your thoughts on comparison between the two tips. Thanks in advance.
      No I think they got worse .

the trouble with tips is , They May Not play well on one cue But feel just about right on another cue.
      For example, we did put One Of Those grand tips on a Steve Grice cue ( stiff shaft )and we got lots of deflection. We traid the same with JP cue ( midd stiff ) and it played perfectly. Difficult to judge imo .
      . But if I would have to choose a tip for a cue with (Lets say Midd stiff shaft), then I prefer the Grand tips.
      BDP tips are generaly good playing tips on every cue .

Comment

Excellent tip , I am so confident using the soft ones when all bedded in !

Comment

Adr147 Have you got any soft left ?
          Do Not Mock The Snake For Having No Legs, For Who Is To Say One Day It May Become A Dragon!:disgust:
          KRO..

Comment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

A yes or no would have sufficed
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                A yes or no would have sufficed
                yes i know but we all love a nice picture.

Comment

They were better when they weren't chalk infused

Comment

Adr147, I would like to buy a box of soft please, a few people have mentioned the consistency of these, time to give it a go me thinks. Could you send me a link as I can't find them on your eBay page. Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                      They were better when they weren't chalk infused
                      these are not chalk infused.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyclone crouch View Post
                        Adr147, I would like to buy a box of soft please, a few people have mentioned the consistency of these, time to give it a go me thinks. Could you send me a link as I can't find them on your eBay page. Thanks
                        they are not on ebay mate - but email me adr147@hotmail.com

Comment

hi, the grands tip medium is it similar to the mike super tip second generation?

Comment

Originally Posted by madra rua View Post
                            Ok after round two with the grand tip medium i can safely say the best pressed tip out there at the moment,i sanded down 50% of the tip and played 10 frames with a mate yesterday,doesnt miss cue or loose shape isnt too hard ,i find it a little harder than an elk but i think elks are too soft anyway,tips i have tried in thye past are mw super tip,blue diamond,elk master,elk master pro,phoenix medium red,phoenix black,adr 147,buffalo diamond,
                            I dont think i would buy the soft buts thats up to the player,id like to try the hard tip in UK 8 ball pool.
                            hi, the grands tip medium is it similar to the mike super tip second generation?

Comment

it is very difficult to compare two different tips - people ask this sort of thing a lot it is not really an easy question to answer. the medium are a lot like mikes original tips.

Comment

Agreed Andrew. Put one on on a mate's cue and it was too hard for him. Tried it and it was more or less like the MW Original Super tip I had on mine at the time. So let's say more medium/hard than medium...:P
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X