Grand Cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    it is very difficult to compare two different tips - people ask this sort of thing a lot it is not really an easy question to answer. the medium are a lot like mikes original tips.
    It's such a feel thing with tips, going back 20+yrs I never liked elks always loved blue diamonds. only starting up again just over a year ago I have been searching for that feel I used to get! I think I was very much alone in my early twenties loving a 2mm profile worn in blue diamond! (They were zingy!) but it was a small window of perfection when I felt I had optimum feel and control on the cue ball, also the time when I made my highest break. Just stuck one of Andrews buffalo diamond tips on after hearing good things and hope to revive that feeling. 😉
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

A lot of these tips look as if they're from the same manufacturer with a different name stamped onto them.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        A lot of these tips look as if they're from the same manufacturer with a different name stamped onto them.
        A lot of what tips?
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

A lot of what tips?
          The ones that have to be domed and cut down, usually have a logo on top of them and 1 side saying glue.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            The ones that have to be domed and cut down, usually have a logo on top of them and 1 side saying glue.
            I know of at least 10 different suppliers of these in 5 countries so I think it is more than everybody follow the first successful design - in this case that was Moori.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Can anyone tell me the difference between the grey grand tips and the blue ones, apart from the colour lol

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
                Can anyone tell me the difference between the grey grand tips and the blue ones, apart from the colour lol
                It's to do with the hardness but can't remember which way around it goes
                ADR has plenty, he will tell you

Comment

Its funny that these tips have been around for a good few years now and yet it seems only recently have people started saying how good they are!

Of course its good to have choice, I just don't know why its only now people seem to be taking an interest in them again?

Comment

it is very difficult to compare two different tips - people ask this sort of thing a lot it is not really an easy question to answer. the medium are a lot like mikes original tips.
                    Good post.

I mean : 100 prct agreed .

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      Its funny that these tips have been around for a good few years now and yet it seems only recently have people started saying how good they are!

Of course its good to have choice, I just don't know why its only now people seem to be taking an interest in them again?
                      Maybe it's because Elks have got so bad ?
                      People are looking around for a better alternative maybe

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        I've just stuck a Buffalo diamond tip on that I bought from Andrew. Immediately the best tip I've used in over a year. It just sounded right and felt solid but reactive even before I'd got it knocked in a bit.

I'd been struggling with feel, most of my stun shots were clumsy positional wise but all th changed last night with this tip. They don't feel quite like the blue diamonds of old they were very spongey/springy.
                        People who are struggling with Elks should give them a go.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Possibly but this thread goes back to 2014 and only recently resurrected. Elks have been bad for about the last 5+ years. Not so sure its the reason, just seems like another of these things that gets popular only to find in 12 months time they weren't all that after all. Happy to be proven wrong of course, I just think if they were so good they would have been more popular some time ago. These tips have been around a good 4 years now!

Comment

Interesting comment, so have i wasted my money on buying some? I love an elk. Had a great box of them or thought I had until the last 4-5 tips all were very poor!!!. Spoke to a couple of people and they said these (the grand) were very similar and consistent to the great elk!!! .. Grand v buffalo.. V a good elk??

Comment

Originally Posted by cyclone crouch View Post
                              Interesting comment, so have i wasted my money on buying some? I love an elk. Had a great box of them or thought I had until the last 4-5 tips all were very poor!!!. Spoke to a couple of people and they said these (the grand) were very similar and consistent to the great elk!!! .. Grand v buffalo.. V a good elk??
                              Well I didn't intend to put anyone off trying these out. Its just down the years these tips become flavour of the month for a while and everyone then jumps on the bandwagon only to find they aren't quite as good as they were made out to be.

As I said, why has it taken so long for people to realise these tips are so good, its not like they are new to the market. Just hope its not a case of someone trying to promote sales of these because they aren't selling well!

Comment

Think you make a fair comment, hope your not tight lol. I do know an X pro who puts them on for people in his club, he's been using them For a while so thought I would try on his recommendation to be honest, it was interesting that they were being talked about. Like most I will make my own mind up soon, as I put one on and like most I will know very quickly.
                                I did buy a box of the very cheap tips a month or so ago from China (under & £5). Got to be honest didn't miss much and I was surprised how well I played, but within a session it looked like I had a glass marble on!!! Lol.. Fingers crossed on the grand. Indecently 2 of my friends are now playing with grand cues!!! What's going on??.. What happened to 'you but cheap you but twice' lol

Comment

Working...
                                X