Rack Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack Right

Anybody own one of these? Made by Steve Grice.

The idea is that they rack the balls perfectly every time ie no gaps.

Are they worth it for the price?

After all these years perfecting my rack and squeeze technique they go and do this

I haven't used one but they have been used on the IPA tour and the feedback has been good, they are more cumbersome than a regular triangle and I have seen a few chaps clumsily handling these over the racked balls instead of the intended forward slide.
    On Cue Facebook Page
    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

I've got mine perfected - just about.

Some people are clueless though, our league game on Monday night had 4 foul breaks in the same frame due to loose racking by the 'ref'

Still £55 seems a bit steep, but ive heard breaks are very consistent using them, still undecided

Comment

Where are they for sale? as i thought they were only exclusive to the ipa tours at the moment and not on sale yet.

Comment

Hi Gary,
          Yes they are available for sale and there is a couple of different designs now also from Steve Grice himself................

stevegricecues@gmail.com or woodwizard@talktalk.net

Telephone 07960484365.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
          Where are they for sale? as i thought they were only exclusive to the ipa tours at the moment and not on sale yet.

Comment

Couple of Different Types below!.............

Gaz.

Comment

So it's a triangle with a flappy back so you don't have to use your thumbs, or am i over simplifying it?
              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

really hard to rack 15 reds, never used to use the triangle any decent player can rack em by hand

Comment

If you are unable to rack the balls with a triangle then you shouldn't be playing.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
                    If you are unable to rack the balls with a triangle then you shouldn't be playing.
                    A bit more thought required? There are several medical conditions that might make this difficult, but I'm sure they'll take your helpful comment on board and stop playing...
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Old cue collector --
                    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i havent used a triangle for years

Comment

As all top pool players and pro's will tell you Most Important thing is the Break!!........And yes these make a big difference to the Break.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        i havent used a triangle for years

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                          As all top pool players and pro's will tell you Most Important thing is the Break!!........And yes these make a big difference to the Break.

Gaz.
                          I'm talking about snooker not pool

Comment

Rack Right

a guy I play snooker every now and then never uses a rack to do the reds
                            I have not been able to do a rack as nicely without a triangle
                            Last edited by DeanH; 16 October 2014, 09:01 PM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Triangle McColgan, is the best.imo.
                              you pay maybe a few pounds more. but it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X