Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aramith 1G problem

my 3g set are 139-142g

the thing to remember is that World Snooker do not stipulate a weight of ball but only a weight range for a set of balls.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
      My TC cue ball is 144 grams. Emailed Aramith and they told me that's its within their specs of 3g.
      So, when they say a 3 gram tolerance they're saying 3 grams either way of 141 grams, therefore a range of 138 to 144 grams?
      The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Aramith 1G problem

Wayne - the 1G could be anything around the weights that have been written here as long as the set are within 1g across the set.

Comment

Aramith 1G problem

you could have a set of 1g at 138-139

not seen anthing written that stipulates what the target / average weight that Saluc aim for with the TCs (anyone?)
          as long as your set of TCs are around the 139-144g and the set is as described (1g or 3g) then they should be ok

Comment

Originally Posted by EnterTheDragon View Post
            Well, no response in a week. And yes i've checked the pockets and everything, no sharp edges, nothing..
            Every cue that we play with has a good tip in it.
            Do i contact the seller next or what?
            It definately sounds like damaged pocket leathers to me. Especially if you say that there are no players using almost worn tips. As these two things are the only reason for the balls getting cracks in them. Unless they were second hand.
            The pocket leathers will have(possibly) a split on the underside of the pocket plate, where the ball hits the back of the pocket. It doesn't take too long for this to happen.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
              So, when they say a 3 gram tolerance they're saying 3 grams either way of 141 grams, therefore a range of 138 to 144 grams?
              Wayne:

The responders are correct, there is no set weight for a set of balls. I picked 141gms because that is the most common and my 2 sets here (1G + Pro Cup) are both within 1gm of 141gms.

Whatever the baseline for the set is (pick a number) then no ball within that set can exceed 1gm on either side for 1G and 3gm on either side for Pro Cup. I think this is OK as I defy a player to be able to tell me one specific ball, even the cueball, is more than 3gm lighter than it should be.

I have a cueball here which is 21gm light and weighs 120gm and I can tell the difference with that when I screw a ball but it's not really dramatic. I've seen club cueball that were really light and I suspect they were around 100gm or so, maybe 110gm.

This small difference of 3gm in the Pro Cup is why I have encouraged Rhonda to buy the Pro Cup balls directly from the wholesaler at around the same price as she was getting the 6 sets of used 1G balls from another source. The brand new pro cup balls will be in much better shape than the 5yr old 1G balls and Rhonda doesn't need the cheap and nasty briefcase since you use the plastic trays down there.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Just sent an e-mail no. 2 to Saluc. I've checked the whole table, pocket leathers, everything. Have to send an e-mail to the seller also and ask where exactly he got them.
                But this set does look very much like the genuine article.
                "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

Working...
                X