One piece cue case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One piece cue case

I know that Crispian Jones cases are considered the best in the market and someday I will invest in one too but at the moment it's too expensive for me. So, my question is; what is the second best one piece cue case I could buy? Today I have a Peradon Halo case and since I have an Mike Wooldridge cue, I feel that it's not given adequate protection. Cheers
    #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

be careful about cheap cases claiming to be suede lining, the dye comes off, it stained my cue, if you are going cheap go foam...

Comment

Cue Craft aluminium have the best foam. ADR147 will sort you one out.

Comment

I'm thinking about this one: http://www.johnparrottcuesports.com/...e-wide-63.html anyone have experience with it?
        #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
          I know that Crispian Jones cases are considered the best in the market and someday I will invest in one too but at the moment it's too expensive for me. So, my question is; what is the second best one piece cue case I could buy? Today I have a Peradon Halo case and since I have an Mike Wooldridge cue, I feel that it's not given adequate protection. Cheers
          I'm thinking about this one: http://www.johnparrottcuesports.com/...e-wide-63.html anyone have experience with it?
          I don't see that a leather case will give better protection than the Halo case you are already using. .

If you want better looking, then yes, maybe, but not better protection. IMHO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
            I don't see that a leather case will give better protection than the Halo case you are already using. .

If you want better looking, then yes, maybe, but not better protection. IMHO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            What case would you recommend?

Comment

Looks nice but within a very short time the ends will be covered in scuff marks. Leather isn't very robust and doesn't stand up to getting pushed in and out of cars. Maybe not a problem if you're keeping the case in your club.
              I'm not a huge fan of spending lots of money on a case. Would rather spend my money on a good cue. I take your point that with a Wooly you want good protection and the Halo foam may not provide that. The foam in the Cue Craft cases I've seen is better. It appears to be a bit thicker and moulds itself to the shape of your cue and accessories.
              NB the CC cases I'm talking about retail for about £75. You can get cheaper ones but they're not so good.
              Hopefully someone with one of these cases can provide some comments.

Comment

What case would you recommend?
                Is it the foam that you feel isn't protecting your cue , or the case itself ?

The Halo is aluminium covered in leather looking stuff, so should be just as good as the cuecraft cases in theory.

I'll leave it to others to comment on the foam interiors though, as I have no experience of anything but

cuecraft black foam, lined cases ( do a good job BTW ) . .

Bigmeek's right about leather cases. I've got a North Wales case, and if I take it to the pool / snooker,

I spend more time looking to see if anyone's within a 3 feet exclusion zone ( for folk with 4+ drinks in them ),

or 1 foot exclusion zone ( sober --> 4 drinks ). .

You get the drift . .
                Last edited by billabong; 21 January 2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Cue craft ali case's are very good for the price, they hold your cue with no movement and take loads of hammer.

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                    Cue craft ali case's are very good for the price, they hold your cue with no movement and take loads of hammer.
                    http://www.johnparrottcuesports.com/...-case-529.html

This one would be fine?

Comment

That's the one! Various colours available.

Comment

Try ordering direct from cue craft, http://www.cuecraft.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=133 it could be cheaper,
                        not sure which would be best for postage cost, but ive ordered from both sites with no problems

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
                          Try ordering direct from cue craft, http://www.cuecraft.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=133 it could be cheaper,
                          not sure which would be best for postage cost, but ive ordered from both sites with no problems
                          http://www.cuecraft.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=633 This one is not "better" then?

Comment

Not £100 "better" Viktor in my opinion. Don't know what the inside looks like.

Comment

if you want leather it could be but for that coin id look at a peradon case

Comment

Working...
                              X