No announcement yet.

Testers required for the new super soft ADR147 professional cue tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i gave one a battering on a break cue and it didn't come to bits so fingers crossed....
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Received tip tonight will try tonight at pool thanks very much will give report after a few games

Comment

Got mine today I'll stick it on and let everyone one know how I get on with it

Comment

Testers required for the new super soft ADR147 professional cue tip

got mine today, thanks, but was walking out to play so will put it on before the weekend.
          The Soft I have already on has settle down so will take it off carefully so I can put it back on if necessary
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday, won't be able to try it until Thursday at least.

Shall keep you updated.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Andrew
              Got my tip yesterday thanks. I'll fit it tonight ( nice timing as I had a 3 month old Talisman soft delaminate on me at the weekend). Initial impression is that the tip is of a good build quality. I'll leave it full height for now and see how it goes. Much prefer soft tips and have never tried an ADR before so looking forward trying it out.

Cheers

David

Comment

Right played a pool match with mine last night and had about an hour on the table before and after the match (so probably 2.5 hours total use so far).

Oh and mines trimmed to sit flush on a 9mm ferrule.

Initial impressions are..

Lovely sound and feel on contact, it's very very grippy & holds chalk very well (basically the same as all of Andrew's tips, just a bit softer than the soft).

I did notice that it has ever so slightly started to flatten out a little in the centre, but it's probably me being picky.

I'm probably going to reshape it and then give it another (hopefully longer) go over the weekend.

But all in all, i'm very impressed and happy so far.

Thanks again for having these made Andrew
                Andi Mack

Comment

Hi guys,

Well I was going to wait a while before posting my review but after last night I think I have seen enough.

Andrew your new S.S ADR147 tips are superb, they are easy to fit, and easy to shape as well, they hold chalk and they hold their shape. Next to no bedding in time. The tip didn’t change shape at all. I was slamming that ball around all night and I didn’t need to re-sand the tip at all! It kind of surprised me as I thought it would move a bit being a soft tip. I played last night for 4/5 hours with it and it feels amazing. It’s defiantly the softest tip I have ever used. You can feel the shot a lot more as you cue through it. No miss cues either last night.

Mine has been fitted flush on an 8mm ferrule.

I personally would like to buy more of these tips, there are probably the best tips I have ever used hands down. For my first laminated tip, I am really happy and impressed with it.
                  Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test this tip. I will want more in the future if you are going to keep making them.

Many Thanks
                  Jason
                  Last edited by jasonhill123; 22 April 2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

why do you get more feel out of a softer tip?

Comment

I can see what you mean, when I screw the white, i feel it alot more with the softer tip, you can feel it gripping the white is really what i mean to say. The white comes off the harder tips a bit faster but with harder tips where i use such a small tip there is a higher rate of miss cues. or its just me cuing crap lol.

Comment

Andrew:

Did you send me any tips?
                        Terry Davidson
                        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Tried the medium, soft and now the super soft.
                          The SS is a bigger step softer than the S than the S to the M which was minimal I fault.
                          Found slight flattening of tip on side that takes bottom of cue ball on screw and stun shots like all adr's tips in bedding in stage but nothing a little reshape can't sort out.
                          Grip is excellent but that was expected as all of Andrew tips grip superb.
                          RIP pressed tips as there's a new sheriff in town!

Just to add....Curious to know if any pro players having been testing any of the ADR147 laminated tip range? And if so their views Andrew?
                          VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                          Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                          Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                          Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Got mine today thanks Andy, will stick it on at the weekend, feel a Sunday sesh coming on!
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

As for all the ADR tip range the build quality is top notch very easy to trim definitely no signs of coming apart been playing with this tip for at least 10 hours and still holds chalk as good as when it was first put on and as other say there was slight flattening at the top of the tip but when shaped again held shape awesome faultless tip in my opinion but a little too soft for me will not be coming off my cue though maybe will harden slightly the more I play with.

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt-10ant View Post
                                a little too soft for me will not be coming off my cue though maybe will harden slightly the more I play with.
                                If you've left it quite tall try taking a layer off the top and it'll harden up a bit.
                                Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
                                X