Coutts royal tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Ahh thanks Dean........ and sorry Byrom for speed reading - still not awake fully
    Thin coat - Leave for 1 hour - Wipe off excess - Leave overnight - Buff as required.
    Thanks.

By the way are you a cue maker Dean ?
    nope, MB why would you ask? :wink-new:
    Leo/Neil
    and I agree that IF you have a decent cue to start with, oiling probably wont be needed BUT many people don't have a decent cue that was properly sealed/finished to start with

and some people just like their cues to be shiny shiny :cool-new:
    Last edited by DeanH; 25 August 2015, 10:18 AM. Reason: no worries Bill
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Probably just me again, but I've owned my cue a few year now and must say I've never needed to buy these market oils that's supposedly does this and does that, when all I do once in a while is a use a damp cloth on it and a good buff. if you buy a decent cue from one of the decent cue makers it would've gone through the treatment anyhow which will last years. I suppose buying oils you feel like you're achieving something when really you ain't IMHO
      You're not wrong there Leo. My TW and Cook cues ? Damp cloth then good buffing = glass like finish again.

However some others I've owned like butters, my old parris limited ( surprisingly ) needed a wee bit of finishing before

I got the best out of damp / dry cloth cycle. .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Last edited by billabong; 25 August 2015, 10:15 AM. Reason: sorry Dean, writting at the same time

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        nope, MB why would you ask? :wink-new:
        Leo/Neil
        and I agree that IF you have a decent cue to start with, oiling probably wont be needed BUT many people don't have a decent cue that was properly sealed/finished to start with

and some people just like their cues to be shiny shiny :cool-new:

NNNOOOOOOOOOO DEAN... Please, please dont join the I'm "MB" bandwagon lol
        MB wouldnt dare ask for advice if I recall haha.
        No I just thought for a second the Dan Shelton cues might be yours - I need to go back to sleep I think.

I'm just after a really good gliding finish on my cue, at the moment its not the best but also not the worst, bling shine aspect is not important really to me.

Comment

sorry could not resist

MB asked me loads of questions, sometimes by PM until he accused me of being in a conspiracy with TW and Billabong, after that he asked but I asked why would he ask a conspirator against him... he never came back

Yes I have two DS cues

good luck with the refinishing
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            sorry could not resist

MB asked me loads of questions, sometimes by PM until he accused me of being in a conspiracy with TW and Billabong, after that he asked but I asked why would he ask a conspirator against him... he never came back

Yes I have two DS cues

good luck with the refinishing
            Haha, I see, I understand then in that case
            Accusations of conspiracy eh, he took it over the top there !!

Thanks for your time as well Dean

Comment

Probably just me again, but I've owned my cue a few year now and must say I've never needed to buy these market oils that's supposedly does this and does that, when all I do once in a while is a use a damp cloth on it and a good buff. if you buy a decent cue from one of the decent cue makers it would've gone through the treatment anyhow which will last years. I suppose buying oils you feel like you're achieving something when really you ain't IMHO
              well personally I like a slightly rougher finish with some feedback on my bridge so I do it different for myself - but I have re-finished lots of cues to get them silky smooth as mickey and everyone else seem to want these days and after trying tons of oils and various products on the market from cue makers and beyond I find myself that this is actually the best product on the market Leo. Its way thicker than the watery Paris cue oil for example it soaks into the wood better, dries better, and if you follow what Dean and I suggest I think there is simply no better finish full stop - it only costs less than a tenner - try it yourself Leo - and if I am wrong then you can hit me hard with a big stick.
              Last edited by Byrom; 25 August 2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Haha, I see, I understand then in that case
                Accusations of conspiracy eh, he took it over the top there !!

Thanks for your time as well Dean
                What cue do you urgently play with MikeyB

Comment

Ahh thanks Dean........ and sorry Byrom for speed reading - still not awake fully
                  Thin coat - Leave for 1 hour - Wipe off excess - Leave overnight - Buff as required.
                  Thanks.

By the way are you a cue maker Dean ?
                  Don't forget to take the crap and dirt that is on your cue off first with zero zero grade paper -

Comment

What cue do you urgently play with MikeyB
                    A vintage air dried angel cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      well personally I like a slightly rougher finish with some feedback on my bridge so I do it different for myself - but I have re-finished lots of cues to get them silky smooth as mickey and everyone else seem to want these days and after trying tons of oils and various products on the market from cue makers and beyond I find myself that this is actually the best product on the market Leo. Its way thicker than the watery Paris cue oil for example it soaks into the wood better, dries better, and if you follow what Dean and I suggest I think there is simply no better finish full stop - it only costs less than a tenner - try it yourself Leo - and if I am wrong then you can hit me hard with a big stick.
                      Thanks for the offer B but my method has worked best for me so I'll stick to that.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        Don't forget to take the crap and dirt that is on your cue off first with zero zero grade paper -
                        Yeah will do cheers. Got some fine wire wool.
                        Thanks again for your tips n hints ... also to DeanH.

Comment

I'll try again, what cue do you currently play with?

Comment

I'll try again, what cue do you currently play with?

Comment

Thanks for the offer B but my method has worked best for me so I'll stick to that.
                              Yeah no worries Leo -

Comment

What's that then

Comment

Working...
                                X