found a tip I love but -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a tip I love but -

Ok so been trying a few different tips out and found one I really like - very responsive and yet firm - did not need clamping played just right from the off - holds chalk well - kept its shape perfectly, sounds good and I love it - trouble is I mixed tips up so don't know which it is.

It is either a Ronnie elk or a Dave Coutts tip - they look similar at first glance - is there any way to tell - I did not fit it so do any have markings on the underside? - its a greyish colour on top with a blackish side wall when trimmed - anyone any idea please?
    Last edited by Byrom; 8 September 2015, 11:28 PM.

Unless it's 9mm mate - I don't think you can get the Ronnie Elks in 10mm anymore - it's probably a DC. I'm using them at the moment and love them as they are exactly like the old MW Supertips.

Comment

Oh not sure - thought they where both 10 mil I think - I got the other one not tried it I will check - is there any other way to tell - does it the DC have any writing on glue side - does it sound like one of those by the way I described it?

Can you not get the Ronnie elks anywhere anymore then in 9.5 or 10?

Comment

Just had a look and the DC ones I have are like you described, no writing on them. I was using the Ronnie Elks and then all of a sudden you could only get them in 9mm. I tried the new MW Supertips (green colour) but found them too hard, so tried the DC ones and found them exactly like how the MW used to be.

Comment

Ok thanks for that yeah - trouble when you find a tip you like n they stop doing them. It is definitely the best tip I have ever tried. Whatever it is

Comment

Byrom I seem to recall the Coutts Royal pressed tip I tried myself was like a lightish grey colour, it had initials "DC" on the back of the tip.
            Hope that helps you on your quest.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              Byrom I seem to recall the Coutts Royal pressed tip I tried myself was like a lightish grey colour, it had initials "DC" on the back of the tip.
              Hope that helps you on your quest.
              right thanks mikey - I never fitted it but I have the other one so I will look underneath for a DC logo if it has one then it must be the Ronnie elk if not it will be the Coutts - will report back tomorrow - cheers for that Mikey that helps a lot.
              Last edited by Byrom; 9 September 2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                right thanks mikey - I never fitted it but I have the other one so I will look underneath for a DC logo if it has one then it must be the Ronnie elk if not it will be the Coutts - will report back tomorrow - cheers for that Mikey that helps a lot.
                Glad to be of help mate

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                  Just had a look and the DC ones I have are like you described, no writing on them. I was using the Ronnie Elks and then all of a sudden you could only get them in 9mm. I tried the new MW Supertips (green colour) but found them too hard, so tried the DC ones and found them exactly like how the MW used to be.
                  No writing on them?

now I am confused - they have a logo on them on the website are you sure - it was greyish - are the Ronnie elks more of a blue colour?
                  Last edited by Byrom; 9 September 2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Definitely DC ones. I got them from their eBay shop ages ago when they first came out. They are a greyish colour - maybe he started putting the initials on after.

Comment

Hi Byron, if the tip has DC on they are my Royal tip if they have nothing on then it's the special elk master, however you may not be able to see any logo if tip has been well sanded on glue side before gluing but there is a slight colour difference in that the Royals are more on the greyer side where's the special elk master are blueish , hope this helps .

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                        Hi Byron, if the tip has DC on they are my Royal tip if they have nothing on then it's the special elk master, however you may not be able to see any logo if tip has been well sanded on glue side before gluing but there is a slight colour difference in that the Royals are more on the greyer side where's the special elk master are blueish , hope this helps .
                        These are the ones I'm using - there is no writing on them. They are very good

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-...item35c25e7035

Comment

Spoken to David and he said his new ones are even better! they are £27 for 9 Tips in a container the New Ones.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                            Hi Louise, yes I think the one I have put on is a DC royal as the other tip I mixed up has no writing on but what confuses me is this is a greyish colour too - I did not fit it so wont know for sure until its time to replace and I can see the words underneath but it looks like it going to last a long while and as I hit another ton last night I am not taking it off to find out and if it has been sanded then there wont be anything left maybe as you say. So what I am going to do is probably order both and try them both out - do you have the Ronnie elks in 9.5 or 10 in yet - if not when will they be available please.
                            I have been quite impressed with some of your stock - like the cue oil especially - everyone keeps pinching it off me so I need more of that.

Thanks for you help - good stuff - will have to try your cues too.

Thanks also to Gurnseygooner and gazza and everyone too - feel a bit daft for not knowing which tip it was but I went through a few to find one I liked - I knew the moment I hit the first ball - very good tip - perfect actually and don't want to use anything else anymore but just not 100 per cent which one it is so just want to make sure - daft here
                            Last edited by Byrom; 9 September 2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X