Table Iron Temp Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
    I always use my dowsing iron on number 8 on my number 10 match cloth...perfect.
    Yep even on club cloths 8 is fine. 9 leaves tram lines and is a sign the iron is too hot. Only use 9 if the table hasn't been ironed in a long time or if the cloth is very slow and you are trying to restore the cloth to a good fast pace.

Comment

Hi guys this just in from Strachan.
      We think that 160 degrees is enough to get a good press but really the hotter the better without scorching. At higher temperatures the cloth will yellow quicker over time 180 degrees is probably as high as I would safely go.
      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
        I need some help. Does anyone have any idea what the perfect temp setting should be for a table iron? I have a feeling my thermostat is not working right so I am going to pick up a digital temp probe but need to know what temp I am looking for.
        When we had our cloths changed last year we grilled the guy who was really helpful (Trevor Sanders - near Portsmouth) and he explained that for a Dowsing iron with a numbered dial, no.7 was the right setting.

He also mentioned to split on the iron and if at the correct temperature it would bounce straight off (this took a little time to perfect).
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          When we had our cloths changed last year we grilled the guy who was really helpful (Trevor Sanders - near Portsmouth) and he explained that for a Dowsing iron with a numbered dial, no.7 was the right setting.

He also mentioned to split on the iron and if at the correct temperature it would bounce straight off (this took a little time to perfect).
          I was up for some practice with TD and I took along my temp probe. Terry's iron is set at exactly 180 Celsius. I am going to adjust mine to 170c
          " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
          " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
          http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Working...
          X