Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamui Tip review

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a snooker new cue and love it. It currently has an elk fitted which has played well for a couple of sessions but I now think it is dead.

I like harder tips and the best I have used so far is the ADR 147 closely followed by a hard MW super tip. I now want to try a Kamui tip and would like to hear your thoughts on them and whether they are completely different to the tips I have mentioned. I am thinking of a medium.

- Original or black and what is the difference?

The cue I have had is a JP Classic, 19.5 oz, 9.5mm and feels pretty stiff.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Bobbyruss2010 View Post
    Hi all,

I have recently purchased a snooker new cue and love it. It currently has an elk fitted which has played well for a couple of sessions but I now think it is dead.

I like harder tips and the best I have used so far is the ADR 147 closely followed by a hard MW super tip. I now want to try a Kamui tip and would like to hear your thoughts on them and whether they are completely different to the tips I have mentioned. I am thinking of a medium.

Thanks,
    so basically you want to stick a really hard tip onto a stiff cue...good luck with that lol.

seriously though why not get a good elk and press it cant go wrong and they are as cheap as chips.

Comment

the kamui is very similar to mine but with thinner layers and a little less grip - the harder versions are ok the softer ones terrible. if you are going to try one try MH but be careful where you buy it there are a lot of fakes and the real ones will be about £12 or so.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Bobbyruss2010 View Post
        Hi all,

Thanks,
        you may want to try these:

http://www.handmadecues.com/3-Extras...ckspintips.htm
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

wonder if one of you can help then please

i play pool to a reasonable standard, love kamui black SS, however i only get a maximum 2 months out of them, and 3 have lasted less than 5 weeks.
          generally swap to talisman soft, but have ordered new cue with kamui, however, what would you suggest as alternatives

ps
          when using kamui i use a break cue, however, with talisman i break with my playing cue

Comment

Kamui Tip review

ADR SS great for UK pool if that is what you mean
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

is it a super soft or a soft
              use the soft or super soft because hate the hit noise of the harder tips

Comment

Kamui Tip review

SS = super soft
                but better wearing than many Soft tips out there
                good grip and hold chalk well
                with friends who wear down their tips quickly it is usually because they chalk too much and chalk with too much pressure :wink:
                Last edited by DeanH; 2 December 2015, 09:54 PM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

possibly, however, old age an habit aint going to change now.
                  only find a soft on his ebay site

Comment

Get on the Phoenix black tips from craftsman...soft medium and hard and all very good..I personally use the medium and have done for the last 4 years

Comment

I love the Kamui tips ive used them for a while

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3614172611...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are the same people who run cue craft

The phoenix medium are a very good tip at over half the price, both worth a try

Comment

I play pool and you cant beat a ss kamui tip!!! Ive tryed most and none compares imo.
                        Do Not Mock The Snake For Having No Legs, For Who Is To Say One Day It May Become A Dragon!:disgust:
                        KRO..

Comment

Hi all. Would like to report a disaster! I am very usually happy with the original black medium kamui's, and think that they are unsurpassed. However...i recently tried their new snkr ones! They are completely useless imho! Absolutely no purchase on the cue ball. My game is suffering seriously as a result!
                          So you would be very grateful to take my advice, by steering well clear of these!!! Why is it that when a company produce a really good product, they have to go and try to better it??? Don't fix what ain't broke!

Cannot wait to get my good old 'original' black medium! Normal service SHALL resume!

I have tried most tips and found most of them to be very disappointing indeed! Even the kamui imitations could perfectly match these 'new' snkr kamui's...dreadful!!!!!
                          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                          https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                            Hi all. Would like to report a disaster! I am very usually happy with the original black medium kamui's, and think that they are unsurpassed. However...i recently tried their new snkr ones! They are completely useless imho! Absolutely no purchase on the cue ball. My game is suffering seriously as a result!
                            So you would be very grateful to take my advice, by steering well clear of these!!! Why is it that when a company produce a really good product, they have to go and try to better it??? Don't fix what ain't broke

Cannot wait to get my good old 'original' black medium! Normal service SHALL resume!

I have tried most tips and found most of them to be very disappointing indeed! Even the kamui imitations could perfectly match these 'new' snkr kamui's...dreadful!!!!!
                            Strange that mate, I've had no problems and can't tell any difference to ones I've used previously.

Comment

I thought the only difference was the size?
                              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                              X