Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what tools are you guys use to polish your tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't do links but search round tip burnisher on eBay and should find one for £2 delivered that says partners billiards on the back. This is similar to the kamui tool but at a fraction of the price, great for gently scuffing the tip without taking half your tip!
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Get a small rasp and roll it over the tip to break the chalk up and i use a 20 pound note to burnish the sides or a beer mat.

Comment

thank you mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
          Get a small rasp and roll it over the tip to break the chalk up and i use a 20 pound note to burnish the sides or a beer mat.
          yeah,i'm looking for it.thank you.

Comment

You could try this from Hong Kong, doesn't cost much and fast posting times:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Poll-File-...kAAOxyJX1TAeNh

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
              You could try this from Hong Kong, doesn't cost much and fast posting times:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Poll-File-...kAAOxyJX1TAeNh
              thanks for your kind assistance.
              i had had one few years ago.it was made of plastic and sand paper which was too smooth to scuffing.i still remember well that my tip was polished by it in a friendly against when i was going to sand my tip a bit to hold chalk and get the dome back.
              what a terrible experience.
              Last edited by crazybeans; 28 January 2016, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by crazybeans View Post
                i had had one few years ago.it was made of plastic and sand paper which was too smooth to scuffing.i still remember well that my tip was polished by it in a friendly against when i was going to sand my tip a bit to hold chalk and get the dome back.
                What tip do you use crazybeans? If it's a pressed tip like an elk, blue diamond or supertip the basic way to scuff tip is sandpaper. This has been the way for many years. Maybe find a player in your club to show you how to use it best without scratching the ferrule.

Comment

Try this:
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cuetec-Bow...MAAOSwuMFUbt-M

Comment

Sure this was recommended in an earlier post.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      What tip do you use crazybeans? If it's a pressed tip like an elk, blue diamond or supertip the basic way to scuff tip is sandpaper. This has been the way for many years. Maybe find a player in your club to show you how to use it best without scratching the ferrule.
                      i using the supertips and some domestic tips all the time.sand paper was good and i obsolutely know how to use it(i studied from the video in parris's website when i got my first cue). i just wonder that is anything else can sand the tip better and easier.
                      barry recommended one to me which i had used years ago.there was some issues with that.

Comment

Use anything flattish and smooth to firm down any fluff or fibres, e.g. a smooth edged spoon. Rubbing the chalk hard on fluff also beds it down and pushes chalk into the surface as a bonus.

For all tips, laminated or single layer, I've found this tool to be the best for filing a tip down into a great dome shape;
                        http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...13.html#SID=37

You can use it to rub up and down or use it to rotate from the centre out. Lasts years and years and it won't break or fail.
                        i using the supertips and some domestic tips all the time.sand paper was good and i obsolutely know how to use it(i studied from the video in parris's website when i got my first cue). i just wonder that is anything else can sand the tip better and easier.
                        barry recommended one to me which i had used years ago.there was some issues with that.
                        Barry suggested the above in the link, this or something similar would make it easier for you. It's probably your best option crazybeans. Good forum name by the way.

Comment

If your tip is glazing, it may be the chalk. If you're using Triangle green, try Triangle Spruce or Masters green instead. These two chalks grip the tip better and grip the cue ball better as well. Triangle green is a fine chalk and it tends to wipe off the tip easily when a shot is played which can end up glazing the tip if you don't chalk like mad every shot. Which is why I don't use it.

Comment

barry and mark,you are so kindness,thank you very very much!!!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

No problem crazybeans, happy to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X