Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what tools are you guys use to polish your tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its only compacted chalk find something to break that layer, i dont like using sand paper for the sheer fact it wears the tip down and when you find a nice tip that plays well you want the most time out of that tip before spending time finding another.

Comment

Crazybeans (love that name btw),

I went through a stupid process of moving from blue diamonds once the proper ones weren't being made to elks, to all the other single layers, then through all the laminated tips and finally over to Buffalo Diamond Plus. Along the way, I began to use Spruce because it grips a laminated tip better than green. I carried on using Spruce on my BDP tips. It never glazes and you can go ten shots without rechalking. I won't use a different tip again, not even the best elk (which really is better than everything else) because they always need reshaping.

If your problem continues, then think about this route as an option; BDP + Triangle Spruce.

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
        Crazybeans (love that name btw),

I went through a stupid process of moving from blue diamonds once the proper ones weren't being made to elks, to all the other single layers, then through all the laminated tips and finally over to Buffalo Diamond Plus. Along the way, I began to use Spruce because it grips a laminated tip better than green. I carried on using Spruce on my BDP tips. It never glazes and you can go ten shots without rechalking. I won't use a different tip again, not even the best elk (which really is better than everything else) because they always need reshaping.

If your problem continues, then think about this route as an option; BDP + Triangle Spruce.
        thank you,i'll give them a try.

Comment

Working...
        X