Tip Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Compressor

Just throwing it out there was wondering if anyone was selling one that they dont use anymore. I dont really wanna pay £36 for one and im a bit impatient to wait for the slow boat from china.

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by dynamic View Post
    Just throwing it out there was wondering if anyone was selling one that they dont use anymore. I dont really wanna pay £36 for one and im a bit impatient to wait for the slow boat from china.

thanks in advance

g clamp £2.50

Comment

Originally Posted by dynamic View Post

thanks in advance

I bought from China and it arrived in less than 10 days and cost next to nothing. Decent bit of kit, too.

Comment

check this out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pool-Snooker...cAAOxyuR5TYMMV

Comment

I've got that one, it's pretty good. I think they also sell a domed version as well.
          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

These are very good

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              g clamp £2.50
              Mr. Golfperson,

Do you use a G-clamp? How many turns, how long? lol If the tip is pre-rounded would the G-clamp not ruin this or does this not matter?

Comment

Originally Posted by focus View Post
                Mr. Golfperson,

Do you use a G-clamp? How many turns, how long? lol If the tip is pre-rounded would the G-clamp not ruin this or does this not matter?
                You have to reshape unless you use the proper tip clamps that are domed. I haven't used a G-clamp on a domed tip, would it not cause a hard spot in the centre as it will be more compact centrally?
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

You could use a vice

Comment

Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
                    You could use a vice
                    We are God fearing men, we don't have vices! (Sorry, couldn't resist)
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Mr. Golfperson,

just reshape it, as for how many turns, well that depends how soft it was and how hard you want it

Comment

just reshape it, as for how many turns, well that depends how soft it was and how hard you want it
                        by the way only one person on this forum calls me golfperson! i hope its just a happy coincidence lol

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                          You have to reshape unless you use the proper tip clamps that are domed. I haven't used a G-clamp on a domed tip, would it not cause a hard spot in the centre as it will be more compact centrally?
                          Well, I could make a small aluminium cap pretty easily then make a dome into the block with a drill bit, then put that on top of the tip and squeeze em both in the clamp. That would hopefully lead to even compression over the top surface and maintain it's shape. If done right, it could even lead to the ideal tip shape that doesn't require filing or am I being hopelessly optimistic. lol

Comment

by the way only one person on this forum calls me golfperson! i hope its just a happy coincidence lol
                            Spotters badge, golfie.

Well he's clearly an expert in everything, including physics, maths, offal and the intimidate history of this board, but young master bazza lad wasn't quite so, ahem, 'bombastic' as this one IIRC. Neither did he have delusions about being a maxi maker, which this one has in spades.

Alter ego, i suspect. Of who, i don't care.

Comment

Well, I could make a small aluminium cap pretty easily then make a dome into the block with a drill bit, then put that on top of the tip and squeeze em both in the clamp. That would hopefully lead to even compression over the top surface and maintain it's shape. If done right, it could even lead to the ideal tip shape that doesn't require filing or am I being hopelessly optimistic. lol
                              Press it. Stick it on. Shape it. It ain't rocket science. There are websites and YouTube videos showing you how to but i fear they would get you frothing at the mouth again, so I'll pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X