Laminate tips issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminate tips issue

Hi I have now tried after reading people raving about ho good laminate tips are and have tried 3 now an adr147 a talisman and kamui -all been different hardness and always find they give a tin sound on them.today I tried the talisman soft and it had an awfully sound to it and it neber last long on the cue as I ripped it of and put a mw tip back on
    Is this a common issue with these laminated tips and also with the adr147 I found it neber took chalk well

Never had an issue with ADR tip not chalking, as for the pinging, the back of laminated tips are not as porous as pressed tips so if you don't get a nice even coating of glue you can get pockets and the tip can come away slightly which may cause the ping?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Don't think it's a glue issue ( gel super glue ) as had 3 on now and all sounded same like the cheap screw I tips u get on po cues

Comment

instead of worrying about the chalk do they grip the ball? sometimes especially with talisman tips they don't take a lot of chalk but still grip ok.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          instead of worrying about the chalk do they grip the ball? sometimes especially with talisman tips they don't take a lot of chalk but still grip ok.
          The talisman sounded horrid and a few people also in club commented on the sound

Comment

Originally Posted by grovsey View Post
            The talisman sounded horrid and a few people also in club commented on the sound
            they do make a sort of ping that some people can't get used to, mine less so on that front.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Laminate tips issue

I play with a ADR soft no ping nose holds the chalk nice. Had the tip on for just over 4 months.

Comment

Never had any problem with ADR tips. But agree with you on talisman pinging sound. Takes sometime to get used to.

Comment

Found the talisman never gripped the ball any where near as good as MW tips

Comment

adr softs dont ping, but i found every other laminated tip does. Plus they hold chalk very well too.
                    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

I take about a 1/3 off the talisman soft at least which seems to reduce the pink/clunk a little for me.

You still get a slight pink but been using them for 3 years now and I don't even hear it unless someone mentions it.

As for chalk, they don't always look like their holding it but I can assure you they grip, cannot remember the last miscue and certainly get a good reaction to screwing the ball.

I put a lot of tips on for people and generally they go with the Talisman, MW Supertips and Elks. I've had a few Omins given to me to put on lately that look like a Talisman so will have to see the feedback from those.

I might try a couple of ADR's as haven't used one to be fair and like to give the players a choice when they want to try something new.

You certainly don't notice a ping any more but that doesn't mean there isn't one!
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        I take about a 1/3 off the talisman soft at least which seems to reduce the pink/clunk a little for me.

You still get a slight pink but been using them for 3 years now and I don't even hear it unless someone mentions it.

As for chalk, they don't always look like their holding it but I can assure you they grip, cannot remember the last miscue and certainly get a good reaction to screwing the ball.

I put a lot of tips on for people and generally they go with the Talisman, MW Supertips and Elks. I've had a few Omins given to me to put on lately that look like a Talisman so will have to see the feedback from those.

I might try a couple of ADR's as haven't used one to be fair and like to give the players a choice when they want to try something new.

You certainly don't notice a ping any more but that doesn't mean there isn't one!
                        Meant to say 'Ping' not Pink, got the music channel on in the background!
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                        X