Price survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price survey

What is the maximum you would pay for a tip?
    What is the maximum you would pay for a cube of chalk?

Assume good quality and better than currently available.

For a tip that I knew would last and be consistent £20. If I could get a year out of it and kept shape once domed well worth it.
    Chalk £1 or thereabouts, have to be good to best triangle and master chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
      For a tip that I knew would last and be consistent £20. If I could get a year out of it and kept shape once domed well worth it.
      Chalk £1 or thereabouts, have to be good to best triangle and master chalk.
      Cheers. Would you pay 5 quid for a cube of chalk if it was better than triangle and masters? Bear in mind kamui already make 20+quid chalk.

Comment

I've been dipping in to the same box of chalk for over twenty years so wasn't really up to speed on its price until googling just now. I'm aware Kamui sell some really expensive stuff, but am quite happy with Triangle so I'll say around the 50p mark.

Regards tips, again Kamui and the other laminates don't really suit me, so am happy to stick with the Blue Diamonds for about 75p.

Comment

Simply no to £5 a cube for chalk.
          The way some of my team mates seems to nick my chalk I would lose £25 a night on pool nights! Then they would swear they bought it on ebay for a pound.

Comment

Originally Posted by toastandmarmite View Post
            I've been dipping in to the same box of chalk for over twenty years so wasn't really up to speed on its price until googling just now. I'm aware Kamui sell some really expensive stuff, but am quite happy with Triangle so I'll say around the 50p mark.

Regards tips, again Kamui and the other laminates don't really suit me, so am happy to stick with the Blue Diamonds for about 75p.
            Actually, in retrospect, it is short sighted of me not to try the expensive chalk, it might be totally game-changing. I have tried the Kamui tip and found it unsuitable, but will order a £20 (that really is an incredible price) cube of chalk to give it a fair trial before passing judgement.

Comment

Price survey

How can chalk be game-changing? You will still cue the same way.
              #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Kamui chalk is very good for laminated tips very messy thou and expensive.

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                  just racking up his post count Fred... he's just racking up his post count.

sigh.
                  #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

For the best elks 20 quid no problem

Comment

Originally Posted by sfmcar View Post
                      For the best elks 20 quid no problem
                      I'm inclined to agree. It's a pity you can pay what a product is worth to you AFTER you've used it.

Comment

It may grip more, allowing more spin. You may not need to chalk so often, therefore not breaking concentration. It might give you absolute confidence you'll never miscue. Et cetera.

Try playing with Pioneer and tell me chalk can't be game changing!

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                          Simply no to £5 a cube for chalk.
                          The way some of my team mates seems to nick my chalk I would lose £25 a night on pool nights! Then they would swear they bought it on ebay for a pound.
                          I felt the same when i first starting using kamui. I went Masters (20p) -- blue diamond (£3) -- kamui (£20). It's funny - when using masters i went through a box in no time - it was cheap, so i was careless or generous. I kept an eye on the BD, but practically slept with kamui under my pillow.

The price of something sharpens the senses.

Comment

do you recall that time Neil Robertson was trying out some tan/grey silver cup stuff(?) (at a Chinese event some years ago) and he was totally s**t, the next event he was back with Triangle

chalk is very important, I feel as it helps or hinders the only part of the cue that contacts the cue ball!
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              do you recall that time Neil Robertson was trying out some tan/grey silver cup stuff(?) (at a Chinese event some years ago) and he was totally s**t, the next event he was back with Triangle

chalk is very important, I feel as it helps or hinders the only part of the cue that contacts the cue ball!
                              I use triangle on a Talisman tip. As in another thread today, can't remember the last time I miscued and the side takes fine so struggling to see the benefit of £20 chalk if the 25p chalk does what is required now.
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X