'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Can't remember but thought the Ronnie elk was only around £3.50 which was still much more than normal elk. Now going to be 7 per tip. Crazy!
    They are defo Ronnie tips! I got a great deal from Coutts at £60 for a box of 50

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
      They are defo Ronnie tips! I got a great deal from Coutts at £60 for a box of 50
      That's a hell of a deal, I think he had the sole distribution rights for a while, so wouldn't be surprised if the rebranding was to effectively cut him out of the deal.
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I have been using the triangle pro chalk for week or so and I haven't had to clean the white or had more kicks than usual. I doesn't seem to hold on talisman tips as well as master chalk / normal triangle chalk IMO but I haven't miscued since starting to use it. I doubt I will keep using it once this cube is done with purely because I like my tip being well chalked and find master chalk the best for that.

Comment

Has anyone else tried these tips since this last post?
          Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
            Has anyone else tried these tips since this last post?
            I will putting one on this evening, looking forward to it

Comment

Originally Posted by Booters View Post
              I will putting one on this evening, looking forward to it
              Cool. Chuck a review on and let u know what you think
              Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

I use the Medium or Hard versions, depending on the shaft characteristics of the cue they go on. They still vary in consistency, but nowhere near as much as a standard box of Elks. For now, anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                  I use the Medium or Hard versions, depending on the shaft characteristics of the cue they go on. They still vary in consistency, but nowhere near as much as a standard box of Elks. For now, anyway.
                  Worth £7 though??
                  Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Nothing better than a "good" standard elkmaster.

I honestly put a tip on and just play with it, they all seem to play the same to me however some last longer than others, there are a few duds in a box but not many at all. When you can get a full box for £20ish pound £7 a tip is ridiculous and scandalous!!

How can the manufacturing differences warrant the price difference when the same materials are used?

I think it boils down to how people tip their cues, I use a new blade every time and probably only have 5 "bad" tips at most per box. I use 11mm elks as i find them most consistent.

Comment

I'm only playing pool at the moment but my Mike wooldridge super tip has been great and lasted ages!
                      Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Not really worth the price, I agree, but I overlook that part in order to try and get the best tip for my game.

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
                          They do not look the same?
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Put one these on last night, just had a couple of games with it this morning, I haven't used a pressed tip in long time and the first thing that I noticed is just how well it holds the chalk, can't remember if my last pressed tip was like that but after literally one stroke of the chalk the tip was fully covered, I'm just using the regular triangle stuff, didn't bother getting that pro triangle.

I used Phoenix black before and I would have to chalk the tip 3 or 4 times until I was happy with the coverage, didn't bother me but I guess my chalk didn't last so long, that was using master chalk which is supposedly better on the laminate tips.

The elk pro did feel a tad spongy on the first few shots, but that was to be expected, I didn't have to put as much effort into shots requiring spin, which I did like. I usually cut my tips quite thin as I don't like em too thick, feels like a pillow on the end of the cue, I have left the elk on fairly chunky for now but I haven't had to reshape at all. Pretty pleased with it, would I buy another at 7-8 a pop? Maybe not but I would consider regular elks and investing in a tip press instead.

I do have and ADR Medium to try as well, can't decide whether to stay with laminates or go back to pressed, I will make a decision after trying the ADR as everything I have read or seen is always positive.

Comment

Did you try the medium or soft elk ?

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                                Did you try the medium or soft elk ?
                                I got the medium

Comment

Working...
                                X