'Pro-versions' Elk Master Tips and Triangle Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    ^for the first few (I think that doing just a 10x1.5cm block would be good), he'd only need a regular vice. If he glues all the layers together at the same time, he could squeeze just after the glue begins to set. He could put small batons top and bottom of the block in the vice to keep it in place (to stop the layers skating) under pressure.
    I have a couple of vices but I'll just try and see how leather glues together in the layers I have ordered. I want to see how thick the glue is with one, two three layers etc and whether it still remains flexible or builds as a solid unit as you add layers.

It could be a balls up from the start bu using the wrong thickness layers but that's part of the learning. Even if it visually resembles a tip after pressing a dome shape at the top it's still gotta ramain sound and gotta react well when contacting a cue ball.

Just making the structure sound will be an issue in itself prior to even contemplating how it reacts with a cue ball.

It'll be interesting and I have a punchbag at the other end of the garage for when it goes wrong so all's a good un!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      I like the look of those. I may file the bottoms off and rebrand them as mine.......
      See, you do have the makings of a pro tip maker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        Carpenter eh? You two may as well knock out some real hand made cues while you're on the tips bud. Go on, put the machinists to shame.
        Stop it! Stop it! I'm getting all nervous. My son's the chippy but one step at a time for me. Been dabbling with cue repairs for a few years but not ready for cues yet!

Comment

I like the look of those. I may file the bottoms off and rebrand them as mine.......
          Lmao, are you getting your ideas from cuemakers

Comment

• Take a moment to vote on the Elk Master hardness thread please gents:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ess-Preference

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              Lmao, are you getting your ideas from cuemakers
              Not answering that one, I've got a family!

Comment

Not answering that one, I've got a family!
                Ha, fair enough then.

( Damn my works firewall thingy is sensitive, cant reply to to my thread about Willie Thorne's gambling ).

Comment

• OK I'll get straight to the point, I play 8 ball pool and have the soft tip fitted combined with the elk pro chalk. It has been an immense improvement to my game, this combination is superb and plays all the shots beautifully

I've had every tip going from talisman to kamui, nothing beats this. I know it's personal preference but this particular tip is perfect for 8 ball. I've had it on for a while now and it's hardly worn

Very highly recommended

Comment

• Elk pro chalk?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                      Elk pro chalk?
                      I think he means the Tweeten Triangle ProChalk
                      http://www.worldcuesports.com.au/pro...halk-and-tips/

Originally Posted by antbow View Post
                      OK I'll get straight to the point, I play 8 ball pool and have the soft tip fitted combined with the elk pro chalk. It has been an immense improvement to my game, this combination is superb and plays all the shots beautifully

I've had every tip going from talisman to kamui, nothing beats this. I know it's personal preference but this particular tip is perfect for 8 ball. I've had it on for a while now and it's hardly worn

Very highly recommended
                      antbow - do you mean a Soft version of the Elk-Pro tip?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Yes the soft version, superb

Comment

• I meant triangle pro chalk, sorry

Comment

• Originally Posted by antbow View Post
                            Yes the soft version, superb
                            I put the soft version on a cue to try the other day and hated it so much I promptly put the cue up for sale!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• For more information for those interested I play with a maple Mastercue 18oz with an 8mm tip, breaking with a Tyrone break cue, technically my equipment is the best it's been

Comment

• Lovely chevrons on that cue Andrew.
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X