Blue diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Had the pro granite tip from GBL, on for a few days now, at first I wasn't sure as my cue was very quiet and I was hoping to get my slight ping back lol, but I have decided I am just playing with a quiet cue. The tip itself is spot on, if you like a hard pressed tip this is the one, no bedding in time, no pressing, just straight on ,and played with. In the last four days it has had seven hours roughly of snooker and I checked it today, there is no compression of one side( like you can get with an elk after a few hours playing some screw shots) it looks like I have just stuck it on, it's early days but it looks and feels like I have at last found my replacement for MW tips. They are hard but still nowhere near a laminated tip, which is just what I was after, cheers Stu at GBL and ADR for pointing these tips out.
    Since it's getting discussed, I stuck the ten mill pro granite on a ten mill ferrule , (it needed a little trimming so it's slightly bigger than ten mill) no probs, using super glue gel.
    You are in good company, Stu told me on Saturday that Maguire uses these tips

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      You are in good company, Stu told me on Saturday that Maguire uses these tips
      This week!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        This week!
        Ha ha ha didn't realise he was that bad

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          This week!
          Ha! A chopper and changer , I like the cut of his jib.
          Well it's good to know my favourite player of this generation uses the same tip as me, even if it is just this week
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

So it sounds like a pool cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
              So it sounds like a pool cue?
              Sorry I don't know what a pool cue sounds like.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Pool cue sounds like a dull "thud" sound.

Anyway I also ordered the PG tips. Should arrive next week. Will swap out the current elk when it gets worn.

Comment

Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                  Pool cue sounds like a dull "thud" sound.

Anyway I also ordered the PG tips. Should arrive next week. Will swap out the current elk when it gets worn.
                  Surely any cue sound is relative to the tip on it?

Comment

Working...
                  X