Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    So if it grips nearly as well as Masters would you say it grips like Triangle Spruce? Is this a light green colour Silver Cup you are using Catch?
    No it's a darker shade than master .Think silver cup only have one green colour .

Not tried spruce triangle, sorry
    They do a green which is a bit darker than light triangle but not as dark as spruce triangle, which is what ive tried and a brighter green more similar to the colour of the baize called tournament green, their spruce is very very dark and marks the cue ball badly

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      They do a green which is a bit darker than light triangle but not as dark as spruce triangle, which is what ive tried and a brighter green more similar to the colour of the baize called tournament green, their spruce is very very dark and marks the cue ball badly
      Cheers to you and catch. The basic green sounds a good colour, can't offend anyone! I love spruce and folk put up with it but they do moan about the state of the CB. But there's no way I'm gonna use light green triangle, it doesn't grip the tip too well. I like the grip of Masters but it does look messy and there are more kicks I've found.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
        Cheers to you and catch. The basic green sounds a good colour, can't offend anyone! I love spruce and folk put up with it but they do moan about the state of the CB. But there's no way I'm gonna use light green triangle, it doesn't grip the tip too well. I like the grip of Masters but it does look messy and there are more kicks I've found.

That's what I found too ... Triangle was good on elk , blue diamond etc but on laminated tips I didn't think it covered well ....the master was great on the lam my tips but was a messy affair .....silver cup meets in the middle and I really like it

Comment

Predator 1080 blue - review
          after accepting ADR's offer to try a lump, I have used it for two sessions down the club, on a pressed tip.

Pros:
          1. goes on easily and covers the tip well.
          2. stays on the tip for several shots before replenishment is required.
          3. does not mark the cue ball much, more than triangle green and spruce but less than Triangle blue.
          4. give a good cue ball response and grip.
          5. Does not leave much on the bed cloth.

Cons:
          1. Messy, during and at the end of both sessions my hands/fingers were filthy, I have my chalk in my back pocket and it just seems to be attracted to skin. I never have the same with Triangle green or spruce. Taking the lump out of the pocket, that hand would have one or two big marks, when applying to the tip dust appears on the fingers holding the cue
          2. Probably would mark the shaft just under the tip if I let it.

Work well but too messy for me.

If any one wants the hardly-used lump to try out, pm me
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Predator 1080 blue - review
            after accepting ADR's offer to try a lump, I have used it for two sessions down the club, on a pressed tip.

Pros:
            1. goes on easily and covers the tip well.
            2. stays on the tip for several shots before replenishment is required.
            3. does not mark the cue ball much, more than triangle green and spruce but less than Triangle blue.
            4. give a good cue ball response and grip.
            5. Does not leave much on the bed cloth.

Cons:
            1. Messy, during and at the end of both sessions my hands/fingers were filthy, I have my chalk in my back pocket and it just seems to be attracted to skin. I never have the same with Triangle green or spruce. Taking the lump out of the pocket, that hand would have one or two big marks, when applying to the tip dust appears on the fingers holding the cue
            2. Probably would mark the shaft just under the tip if I let it.

Work well but too messy for me.

If any one wants the hardly-used lump to try out, pm me
            Spruce is too messy for me, Masters blue kicks too much. For now, I'll stick with Spruce but the tip that needs no chalk and plays like leather really does need inventing.

Comment

Working...
            X