Laminated tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminated tips.

I've tried several tips over the last few months (ADR147 SS, Elk Pro Medium, Black Heart, etc.). I like the way the elk pros play for the first few hours then after that they become insanely hard and have absolutely no feel to them. I decided I would, therefore, make the swap to laminated tips as I can't seem to get a good elk for the life of me at the moment. I've tried ADR147 SS tips, but they don't want to bed in at all like I can wipe my finger across the tip, and all the chalk will come off leaving a shiny surface behind. I then tried black heart tips and had two delaminate in a week.

So I'm now looking for a laminated tip that will bed in and hold chalk and play well, my thoughts have been the TSF tips/Talisman/Kamui, and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on them before I purchase another set of tips.

Try the Phoenix blacks..I rate them very highly..I use the mediums

Comment

I have tried lots of tips since I came back playing. Wooldridge were wildly inconsistent but his Blackspins were good, Elk Pros of all grades went hard too fast and all deformed badly, now trying Kamui Black. I am not a fan of laminated tips, but so far, this one is okay. Takes chalk easily, has plenty of grip and hasn't deformed after lots of play. The Medium I am using is hard enough for me to hit the cue ball with authority and get that crispness of strike without loss of grip.

Comment

A lot like you. Tried lots of laminated tips recently probably one of the most suprising I come across is "ts long ba" from Thailand. 50 tips for 3 quid.

Honestly I thought they would be useless for the price, turns out I find them extremely consistent.

But that's on my pool cue, mind find it different for snooker

Comment

Originally Posted by nuts00 View Post
          A lot like you. Tried lots of laminated tips recently probably one of the most suprising I come across is "ts long ba" from Thailand. 50 tips for 3 quid.

Honestly I thought they would be useless for the price, turns out I find them extremely consistent.

But that's on my pool cue, mind find it different for snooker
          I have put one of these on my snooker cue, only had two sessions with it but it's pretty good, I can't fault it at all.
          They are pressed tips though not laminated and Chinese not Thia.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I was looking at them on alibaba, thought they might be worth a shot, where did you get yours from? Ebay?

Comment

There is a link to them on the pro elkmaster tip and chalk thread post number 208, but yeh from eBay, there seems to be a few selling them and some are a bit cheaper , worth a try ,for fifty at near enough half the price of a single decent lammy tip.

Comment

Cheers matey, probably take a punt on them

Comment

Bought a couple of boxes and tried one on a friend's retip. Plays like a standard Elk. Have yet to try them milk soaked or compressed, but plan to give it a go.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                    Bought a couple of boxes and tried one on a friend's retip. Plays like a standard Elk. Have yet to try them milk soaked or compressed, but plan to give it a go.
                    Are they not very hard at the moment then, or a little soft??
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      Are they not very hard at the moment then, or a little soft??
                      The one I have on is medium/hard but of course there could easily be a variation in a box.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        The one I have on is medium/hard but of course there could easily be a variation in a box.
                        It'll be interesting to see how hard you get it whilst keeping grip.

Comment

That's the problem with pressed tips, no consistency. Even the so called super tips are a waste of time, put one on my daughters cue recently and after one frame it was like a jelly tot! I have now decided that laminated/layered tips are the way forward. I currently use a TSF medium and have no complaints.

Comment

Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post
                            That's the problem with pressed tips, no consistency. Even the so called super tips are a waste of time, put one on my daughters cue recently and after one frame it was like a jelly tot! I have now decided that laminated/layered tips are the way forward. I currently use a TSF medium and have no complaints.
                            That's a very good point Dave, pro granites are the most consistent pressed tip I have found but they are not to everyone's taste. If these don't work out I will go back to them.

Comment

That's a very good point Dave, pro granites are the most consistent pressed tip I have found but they are not to everyone's taste. If these don't work out I will go back to them.
                              I find the harder the pressed tip, the more consistent it is, not sure if people agree with this?

Comment

Working...
                              X