No announcement yet.

Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very bad at spin. Can you recommend me a tip with good grip? Which is best, soft or hard tips? Thanks.

Comment

Elkmaster, but thinking of trying Kamui.

Comment

I use Grand Cue Tips (medium) the one thing Ihave found is that they are CONSISTANT I can say I have never had a bad one ! unlike Elks although they are sort of the Pro standard, getting a good one is a bit hit or miss, Grand Medium are just about right Beware the HARD GRAND TIPS are well Hard.

Comment

Originally Posted by razvan View Post
          I am very bad at spin. Can you recommend me a tip with good grip? Which is best, soft or hard tips? Thanks.
          MW super tips, if anything a bit too grippy, but great tips. But you'll find 1 session with a coach for the same price as 3 tips will probably be a better investment, don't over think it make sure you follow through far enough to let the tip work the cue ball, the longer it stays in contact the more spin it generates.
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by cswoods View Post
            Elkmaster, but thinking of trying Kamui.
            don't do it - too many fakes and even the real ones split - try the TSF ones.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I use a Phoenix black hard tip and it can generate plenty of spin. It didn't help me last night though in my league handicap match. I lost because the other guy scored more heavily than me.

I wouldn't personally go for an elkmaster unless you can get a good one. I wouldn't mind trying the adr147 or tsf tip but I don't trust myself enough with retipping and I think I'll just stick to the tip I've got on.

With screw back aim to get right through the cue ball.

Comment

Kevin Deroo laminated tip. awesome

Comment

I use elkmaster and have found most of the last boxes I've got, have had far too many soft ones in there.
                  Last box I've got has been very good and finders crossed the rest is the same..... Not holding my breath lol
                  For that one you've always wanted...
                  https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

what do you all think is the best laminated tip .

Comment

The ADR147 medium, very consistant tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                        I use elkmaster and have found most of the last boxes I've got, have had far too many soft ones in there.
                        Last box I've got has been very good and finders crossed the rest is the same..... Not holding my breath lol
                        Soak them and compress them, it's been working for me and you can compress to whatever hardness you like.

I used Talisman for years and now just compress Elks...........still on my first one!
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          Soak them and compress them, it's been working for me and you can compress to whatever hardness you like.

I used Talisman for years and now just compress Elks...........still on my first one!

Yeah, they last ages. What are you soaking them in?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                            Yeah, they last ages. What are you soaking them in?
                            I just soak them in milk, did an article on soaking them and how it changes their shape here.

Did another on compressing here.

Have a few ideas to fine tune them so will do another article soon (time permitting).
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I use the Phoenix black hard tip. I like it, it has kept its shape well so far and will last a long time.

Comment

My last was Brunswick

Comment

Working...
                                X