Weighing Scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    You do if your OCD like me lol. 1g sets should be within 1g and not say 1.23g. On a more serious note if your weighing billiard balls the tolerance is a lot less. They need to be within 0.5 between the lightest and the heaviest so scales which round up or down to the nearest gram are no good.
    I didn't know that about the billiard balls Bigmeek, good knowledge! Looks like that's another set of scales sold on eBay
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Right , finally got round to weighing them . The set is just under 4 years old .

Heaviest was 142.6

Lightest was 140.9 ! Which was red ball ........almost like a rogue ball .

So i made my tolerance 1G less than the heaviest ball .

Ended up changing 2 reds , and the white is the lightest with another red ball .

All the colours as you would expect were virtually the same .

Great set of scales for a fiver and very easy to use .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        Right , finally got round to weighing them . The set is just under 4 years old .

Heaviest was 142.6

Lightest was 140.9 ! Which was red ball ........almost like a rogue ball .

So i made my tolerance 1G less than the heaviest ball .

Ended up changing 2 reds , and the white is the lightest with another red ball .

All the colours as you would expect were virtually the same .

Great set of scales for a fiver and very easy to use .

Which ones did you opt for?

Comment

If you mean scales , i bought the jewellers' one that Andy recommended .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Nice one Neil. Easy for a rogue ball to creep in undetected. What ball was the heaviest? Don't throw the old balls away. Handy for spares if they're still in good nick. I'll have them off you if you don't need them! My teams 3g set have a few chipped reds.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              If you mean scales , i bought the jewellers' one that Andy recommended .
              Thanks will invest into one of these to weigh my balls

Comment

I'm tempted to get some scales to weigh my set now but not sure how I'd explain it to my wife when she undoubtedly walks in on me mid operation

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                  I'm tempted to get some scales to weigh my set now but not sure how I'd explain it to my wife when she undoubtedly walks in on me mid operation
                  Does she not know about your set of balls?

Comment

Working...
                  X