Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    What's wrong with the Cleaner?
    I bought a set of balls today, and I'm not sure they are squeaky clean. So atm I'm thinking squeaky clean then rubbed with a cloth with Olive Oil on it, then dried.
    I felt the cleaner was no better than soap and water plus it seemed to leave a white dust on the balls if you didn't make sure to give them a good old buff.
    With the colour restorer I have to say I didn't notice any difference. Wasn't really expecting them to look as good as new but thought I'd see some improvement.
    Last edited by Bigmeek; 27 May 2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
      I felt the cleaner was no better than soap and water plus it seemed to leave a white dust on the balls if you didn't make sure to give them a good old buff.
      With the colour restorer I have to say I didn't notice any difference. Wasn't really expecting them to look as good as new but thought I'd see some improvement.
      Maybe the buff is the point?

Comment

i've tried loads of different all purpose cleaners, window/glass cleaners without ever being fully happy with the results. bit the bullet and got the aramith cleaner, best cleaner i've tried.

Comment

Apart from the once, I have never done anything but used warm water and a good buffing, you would think my balls were brand new, do it regularly and it's a ten minute job with no effort. I normally play on unbrushed un blocked or ironed tables and don't suffer from many kicks, about ten percent of what pros seem to claim with their nice tables and clean balls.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Of course Aramith would say to use their products after every use - means you have to buy more of their products more often
            Also I think the responses to this OP relates to Aramith TCs as well as 1g - AS THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME :biggrin:
            (probably the same for all Aramith balls, regardless of model

After each use a swipe with a dry cloth is usually good enough to remove the general dust and chalk.
            The Aramith cleaner can be used every now and then and the Restorer only if the balls are really marked/dirty.
            I have used just soapy water and got good results but not a gleaming finish.

After seeing some behaviour at a club I asked Aramith a question and their response was "NEVER PUT ARAMITH BALLS IN A DISHWASHER OR GLASSWASHER".

I am sure other products, polishers/cleaners/etc, will probably work as well but I have not tried them as I have a few bottles of Aramith stuff to get through first

There was some time ago that chap selling "ball cleaner" with the balls rotating around at fast speed, personally I did not like that idea as to me that would wear down the balls quicker than normal.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Heres a "cheap" way to do it, if you happen to be Bill Gates

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aramith-1G...%257Ciid%253A1

Comment

Working...
              X