• Show
Clear All

• danielkandi
    replied
    save your cloth, and your balls from kicks.... use a glove... end off

Leave a comment:

• eihi
    replied
    I used to always use talcum on my hand that grips the cue, the cue would slide around in my hand, which the more I study snooker fundamentals seems a bit crazy.

Snooker players don't use the slip stroke right?

Last edited by eihi; 28 September 2017, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
    I find washing my hands helps a lot.
    yep, I also, as well as frequently wiping cue down with dry cloth

Leave a comment:

• Ninja.cues
    replied
    I find washing my hands helps a lot.

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Just use a glove

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    You have lost me there.

Leave a comment:

• GasMonkey
    replied
    "The maid" just conjures up Borat images. It's amazing what stuff works do well for little money.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Thank you for this.

I don't let the maid touch the table. I found some of her furniture polish and polished the cues- almost nothing. They are much better now. Whilst at it I gave the table a polish too, and the curtain pole.

I think I shall have a few frames to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• GasMonkey
    replied
    I have been known to use Mr Sheen out of desperation as they had some in the club. I guessed they did as the cushions of all their tables were dangerously slippery! Nearly did a superman impression off the rail leaning along it.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    Sounds simple enough! One problem, here, is getting decent tools. Screwfix have started to deliver to Bulgaria, so I had been thinking of using them.

Leave a comment:

• GasMonkey
    replied
    Any cheap silicone lubricant spray. Flopast one from screwfix was good last time I used it. Was completely colourless and just left a shiny residue. Just test it 1st to make sure there's no colour to it.

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    What brand do you use?

Leave a comment:

• GasMonkey
    replied
    Silicone is much better. Never needed a glove even with laminated American pool shafts. Used to spray it on the inside of a cloth and wipe the shaft of the cue down with it. Use the same on the contact points of the bridge hand. Just got to keep it well away from your grip hand unless you want to launch your cue across the table or club!

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    It gets hot here, but the snooker room is air conditioned. I was mainly thinking about it for other players.

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    American pool players will often use talcum powder.
    Especially those who play on the TV table, Vegas or any other hot climate.
    I have never used powdered Teflon, but have talcum powder in my travel case when playing pool.
    Never had the need for it playing snooker. In general, most snooker clubs can be as cold as the Antarctic so players are rarely sweating...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X