No announcement yet.

TAOM.CHAlk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbh, I think it is a waste for Club players: the cloths are hardly clean, the other bod will have kicking chalk, and own balls would be essential.....

Remembers many years ago playing pool and using the cement in walls to try and sort out tips )

Comment

• Where did you use to play lol
      For that one you've always wanted...
      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        Tbh, I think it is a waste for Club players: the cloths are hardly clean, the other bod will have kicking chalk, and own balls would be essential.....

Remembers many years ago playing pool and using the cement in walls to try and sort out tips )
        Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
        Where did you use to play lol
        I think he meant plaster rather than cement.
        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• cement first - nowt wrong with exposed brickwork )

Comment

• I use Predator, it is 6 sided, so regular holders don't work. Here is what I do:
            Cut plastic wrap off bottom
            Using regular Gorilla glue, I glue washer to bottom
            Then use good magnetic holder
            (If I don't remove plastic wrap from bottom of chalk, I end up ripping the plastic wrap off when pulling the chalk off the magnetic holder. So I have a washer with a layer plastic glued to it, stuck on the magnetic holder, and a piece of chalk in my hand. The Gorilla glue sticks the washer to the chalk just fine)

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
              So what's the difference between Taom and Buck Series chalk...
              Both look the same to me
              Was this ever answered?

Comment

• I was going to order two TAOM chalk 2.0 via TAOM website, price for two chalks is 22.58 € but shipping to Australia is 35.00 €. That's way too expensive.

Comment

• Well move then

Comment

• Originally Posted by doc_holiday View Post
                    Was this ever answered?
                    Not to my knowledge...
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Would be nice to hear some feedback on that they are very different in price

Comment

• I was down in Gloucester last weekend for the EASB English Amateur Championship finals and one of the players showed me the Taom chalk version 2.0. The first thing I did was to see how much chalk went on the fingers - and hardly any came off! Was actually really impressed with that part of it. It's attractive to look at on the eye as well in terms of its presentation.

He said, however, that the chalk works better with certain tips and not so well with others which I think is where the miscues come in. He tended to agree with me that some miscues are not down to tips or chalk but poor cueing as well. I didn't see many of the players using it funnily enough as most I noticed were using the Triangle chalk. He also said that before using Taom you have to make sure you get rid of all other marks of chalk before you put it on. IMy personal view is if you're a top amateur or pro then it's worth it for taking as many variables that affect kicks out of the game as possible. But, if you're just a hobby player, then stick to Triangle ot some other.

I personally don't use chalk now at all as I am getting on well with the Grip Tips chalk less....
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                          I was down in Gloucester last weekend for the EASB English Amateur Championship finals and one of the players showed me the Taom chalk version 2.0. The first thing I did was to see how much chalk went on the fingers - and hardly any came off! Was actually really impressed with that part of it. It's attractive to look at on the eye as well in terms of its presentation.

He said, however, that the chalk works better with certain tips and not so well with others which I think is where the miscues come in. He tended to agree with me that some miscues are not down to tips or chalk but poor cueing as well. I didn't see many of the players using it funnily enough as most I noticed were using the Triangle chalk. He also said that before using Taom you have to make sure you get rid of all other marks of chalk before you put it on. IMy personal view is if you're a top amateur or pro then it's worth it for taking as many variables that affect kicks out of the game as possible. But, if you're just a hobby player, then stick to Triangle ot some other.

I personally don't use chalk now at all as I am getting on well with the Grip Tips chalk less....
                          Those Grip Tips are terrible!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                            Not had any problems with them myself! Been using them six weeks now...If I went back to chalk it would prob be to use Taom I think but am happy with the Grip Tips!
                            Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                              Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                              Not had any problems with them myself! Been using them six weeks now...If I went back to chalk it would prob be to use Taom I think but am happy with the Grip Tips!
                              Each to their own but I hated them, only any use for masse shots.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                                Each to their own but I hated them, only any use for masse shots.
                                Multiple quoting is a palava here?

Why? Too much grip?

Comment

Working...
                                X