Spotted white ball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    I hate the plain white ball, as does the vast majority of the cue sport playing world. As ever, snooker is in the dark ages.
    Why would you hate the plain white ? do you mean as a spectator because you want to know what's happening ?

Comment

Have they ever tried a different design or markings or has it just been the red spots?

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
        Have they ever tried a different design or markings or has it just been the red spots?
        There are dozens of varieties - blue dot. red dot, blue spot, red spot, big spot, small spot etc, and various logos. Cyclops are a rival to aramith, and have several different designs.
        Last edited by Hello, Mr Big Shot; 6 January 2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Why would you hate the plain white ? do you mean as a spectator because you want to know what's happening ?

Not really, although that helps. It just looks cool and totally natural. Switch for 6 months and no one will go back. In comparison, plain balls look, well, plain.

I also like them for how reactive they are.

Comment

Not really, although that helps. It just looks cool and totally natural. Switch for 6 months and no one will go back. In comparison, plain balls look, well, plain.

I also like them for how reactive they are.
            Are you saying that some little dots on the cue ball make it spin more? I'd like to see Dr. Dave's reaction to that, can you email him and ask him to study it? It's almost as good as Vmax's theory that you can miss balls because they're the wrong colour.

I don't have any objection to the spotty cueball, will be good on the slow-mo shots.

Comment

Does he really think the general public give a monkeys about seeing the spin on a white? It's hardly gonna get more people through the doors is it?

Comment

Can only imagine that this is going to be off putting to the players , as you say ......if there is a spot near where you want to strike the cue ball it may well put you off .

Also , i can see the scenario of players' constantly asking for the White Ball [ Or should that be spotted ball ! ] getting cleaned so that the spot wasn't where they are cueing .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Can only imagine that this is going to be off putting to the players , as you say ......if there is a spot near where you want to strike the cue ball it may well put you off .

Also , i can see the scenario of players' constantly asking for the White Ball [ Or should that be spotted ball ! ] getting cleaned so that the spot wasn't where they are cueing .
                  It isn't.

Nonsense.

When are you people going to get it into your thick skulls snooker is but a tiny member of the cue sport world, and there are millions of players who have been using a measles ball or spotted whites for decades, all without complaint?

There's something wrong with you people. No wonder snooker is a dying game.

Comment

Originally Posted by PDH View Post
                    Does he really think the general public give a monkeys about seeing the spin on a white? It's hardly gonna get more people through the doors is it?
                    And yet, civilians in my local pool hall always ask me what it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      Are you saying that some little dots on the cue ball make it spin more? I'd like to see Dr. Dave's reaction to that, can you email him and ask him to study it? It's almost as good as Vmax's theory that you can miss balls because they're the wrong colour.

I don't have any objection to the spotty cueball, will be good on the slow-mo shots.
                      Yes, hilarious, I'm sure.

There's more to it that this but this is good enough for now.

https://youtu.be/YtKhO7H0VN8

Comment

It isn't.

Nonsense.

When are you people going to get it into your thick skulls snooker is but a tiny member of the cue sport world, and there are millions of players who have been using a measles ball or spotted whites for decades, all without complaint?

I see your New Year's resolution wasn't to be less argumentative
                        Snooker is a much more precise game than those small tables with buckets for pockets. If you played snooker maybe you would understand

Comment

It isn't.

Nonsense.

Watch yourself or you will be off here ..........no need to call me thick . I was just making an observation .

Carry on this year like you did last year , and you won't be here long .

I've no objection to you disagreeing with what i or anyone says but no need for name calling .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes, hilarious, I'm sure.

There's more to it that this but this is good enough for now.

https://youtu.be/YtKhO7H0VN8
                            lol....... .... ....

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Watch yourself or you will be off here ..........no need to call me thick . I was just making an observation .

Carry on this year like you did last year , and you won't be here long .

I've no objection to you disagreeing with what i or anyone says but no need for name calling .

Oh boo hoo.

Ban me, even for 5 mins, and I'll not be back.

Comment

Oh boo hoo.

Ban me, even for 5 mins, and I'll not be back.
                                Do you really think anyone would miss you ?
                                You clearly hate snooker I have no idea why you are here except to troll people into arguments

Comment

Working...
                                X