No announcement yet.

How To Modify A Brass Bumper To Work With Taylor Made Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Dean Just ordered a set!! I now have enough that each time I miss I can sit in the corner and change tips, muttering to myself under my breath.

Comment

holy moly batman!

I left mine a bit thick to start, then after 6 months (I only play twice a week) I did a little trim and little shaping and it is really good
      Last edited by DeanH; 20 December 2018, 06:28 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        holy moly batman!

I left mine a bit thick to start, then after 6 months (I only play twice a week) I did a little trim and little shaping and it is really good
        How far down have you taken yours, height-wise? My plan is to leave mine as a mini-mushroom, so try to keep it as close to 10mm as dammit.

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
          Well, I'm afraid I probably overworked the guy at Cue & Case but he seems to have got it bang on. I loathe a skitty cue, one that's too light on my bridge, so I need some of the weight nicely distributed along the shaft so I don't feel I'm holding the cue down on my bridge. He picked the right cue for me as I had time to go play a couple of frames this morning and the cue was spot on. In fact, it's the nicest cue I've played with and I've played a few.
          Gary apparently has a factory in Thailand that produces the wood/shafts. They are then sent on to him and he finishes them and turns them into cues. The quality appears spot on and I'd bet they'll rival cues 4-5 time their current price. It will be interesting to see how long they sell them at the current price level.

Tips!! Interesting you should say that as I have an ADR147 laminated tip in my bag and I think it'll be the first to go on my cue for testing. So far I have in the queue:

1. ADR147 Laminated
          2. Elk Pro (medium)
          3. Monstar Laminated (soft)
          4. Blue Diamonds
          5. Cuesoul (super soft)

The cue arrived with a 8.7mm Elk Master. I need to bang in a few more balls yet but straight out of the box it's a bit soft. I'll play a few more frames and then move on so I have an idea how it plays, at least before I bin it.
          You look like you are already loving your return to the game WD, makes a pleasant change from selling diamonds I guess!

I'm glad your forum name is Wight Diamond instead of Diamond White, that just reminds me of very bad headaches In my early twenties! Lol.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I like flush with the ferrule so I trimmed it to the 9.5, I don't like seeing any overhanging the ferrule
            Height-wise - after the initial base sanding preparing for gluing, I did shape a little; so the height was very nearly as it came from the pack. The second shaping (6-mo) I took off a bit more but some would say it is still too thick but I like that - as you cant put the leather back on

CC- those Diamond White and Thunderbird days!
            :drunk:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              You look like you are already loving your return to the game WD, makes a pleasant change from selling diamonds I guess!

I'm glad your forum name is Wight Diamond instead of Diamond White, that just reminds me of very bad headaches In my early twenties! Lol.
              HAHAHA! I still have a headache from one session 20 years ago! Definitely enjoying returning to the fold, CC. Found a nice snooker club in Newport today and joined our local Con Club this evening, which has two nice tables. Happy days ahead!!

Comment

I like flush with the ferrule so I trimmed it to the 9.5, I don't like seeing any overhanging the ferrule
                Height-wise - after the initial base sanding preparing for gluing, I did shape a little; so the height was very nearly as it came from the pack. The second shaping (6-mo) I took off a bit more but some would say it is still too thick but I like that - as you cant put the leather back on

CC- those Diamond White and Thunderbird days!
                :drunk:
                OK dokey. Will give it a try and see how I get on. Many thanks!

Comment

how much is the table at the Con club?

Comment

You pay for the light. £2 an hour.

Comment

same as my social club £1 for 30mins

Comment

same as my social club £1 for 30mins
                        Made me chuckle. Takes me right back to my youth, paying for the light. The damned thing always went out right in the middle of my shot.

Comment

Working...
                        X