Super Crystalate Cue Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Crystalate Cue Ball

I have a set of super Crystalate balls (the genuine kind not the Aramith Phenolic resin kind) that needs a new cue ball. Is it possible to get a new proper SC replacement cue ball and if so from where? I have seen some advertised online but am assuming that they are for the newer SC sets and are made of Phenolic resin. Would it be OK to use Phenolic Resin cue ball with the SC set, or would that be weird? Thanks Dave

Originally Posted by Dmw View Post
    I have a set of super Crystalate balls (the genuine kind not the Aramith Phenolic resin kind) that needs a new cue ball. Is it possible to get a new proper SC replacement cue ball and if so from where? I have seen some advertised online but am assuming that they are for the newer SC sets and are made of Phenolic resin. Would it be OK to use Phenolic Resin cue ball with the SC set, or would that be weird? Thanks Dave
    Super Crystalate is no longer manufactured as Aramith have owned the patent since they bought out the Super Crystalate Company in the late 80's and stopped it's production early 90's in favour of their own phenolic resin.
    You would need to probably buy a complete set of old SC balls on ebay or somehwere similar, they come up quite often and are quite cheap.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

in addition to the above, you can look for a billiard set as well as a snooker set, they should be the same size and approx weight
      And you get two whites in one
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

anyone think this would work for Dmw
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233101556326?ul_noapp=true

like buses!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113488625...&ul_noapp=true
        Last edited by DeanH; 20 January 2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          That second set are phenolic resin aramith balls badged as super crystalate, made in belgium gives it away. I have a set of snooker balls like that and the small print on the box states made from phenolic resin. Don't be fooled but they are better than the standard TC's weight wise, mine only vary by 1 gramme throughout the set.
          That first set look excellent, I'm tempted myself as I like a game of billiards but our club still has it's original SC billiard balls.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I thought the second set would be the PR
            cheers for the confirmation
            Last edited by DeanH; 20 January 2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X